• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

This is a good flavor/characteristics wheel for rum/rhum/ron.

attachment.php

Image didn't show up on my end...

Do the ABC stores carry Barbancourt? I haven't had it before but their 8 and 15 year rhums are supposed to be very nice.

I don't recall seeing that brand, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time in there. I checked the Mecklenburg County product list and didn't see it there either.

I'll have to try it out, do you think it's available in Morehead or Beaufort?

I've tried a few NC rums and haven't liked any of them. I seem to be the only person who doesn't like Muddy River apparently.

right now only available in Outer Banks and Raleigh ABC stores. Batches sell out as soon as they go on the shelves. They're ramping up production so there should be some more supply in the coming months and they can expand distribution.

I like a good rum, but overall I'm not very familiar with the various brands and styles. I've had a Flor de Cana 18 year before that I recall was spectacular, and I know I like this one (which I think is relatively easy to find):

Santa_Teresa_1796_Rum_de_Solera_1_295853.jpg

Let us know how it is! I see that Zaya 12yr on the list for $34.95 as well.

Will do. Just placed my order. Added a bottle of EH Taylor Jr while I was at it. Shipping for the rum was $15.95, only $1 more in shipping for the bottle of EH Taylor. Money well spent!

After reflection I'm thinking rum will be the next craze. Ginger beer will become more broadly known with people drinking dark and stormies (the unwashed masses don't know it from ginger ale!). Maybe I should buy a really nice bottle or two and stash them. That chart was interesting.

People at the grocery store always look so confused when their system doesn't tell them to ask me for ID when it swipes across.

After reflection I'm thinking rum will be the next craze. Ginger beer will become more broadly known with people drinking dark and stormies (the unwashed masses don't know it from ginger ale!). Maybe I should buy a really nice bottle or two and stash them. That chart was interesting.
Agreed

I think mezcal is a dark horse for next liquor craze

Yeah some of those are pretty good. I think we've done four KCSB barrels so far...not bad stuff!

After enjoying this KCSB over the past week, I may go grab another bottle if they still have some left. IMO, they picked a good one. Very smooth and sweet even at the high proof point (couple of water drops help smooth it out).

Last edited:
Stagg Jr, Batch 2 (128.7 proof) - mostly vanilla and maple that I can smell/taste, some say cinnamon but that might just pile on the heat, added a decent amount of water to taste but still a little hot, would probably be much better in cold weather than during a 90 degree day, would still say its worth a try but I don't think I'd recommend a bottle blind. Found mine for $55. Seen better reviews online for Batch 3 (132.1 proof) if available in your area.

Any thoughts on Bulleit Bourbon 10? TJs is selling them out here for $39.99 and I'm intrigued.

Back