• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Spontaneous haul this afternoon....Basil Hayden, Stagg Jr, Corner Creek

Have had none of those. I think I saw Corner Creek at the Clemmons store but passed on it. Any good?

Basil Hayden is part of the Jim Beam small batch collection. It's light bodied, and dry with a short finish, IMHO. Doesn't hold up real well to ice/water because the lower proof and light body of it make it a pretty soft drinking bourbon (good for drinking neat in warmer temps). Has a pretty high rye content IIRC. Maybe a few dollars overpriced depending on what your retailer has it listed as.

I don't know why, but I'm going with a little bourbon and coke while firing up the grill...I guess it just sounded good on this hot Atlanta evening. I don't think I've had a bourbon and coke in at least 5 years. It tastes like college.

I don't know why, but I'm going with a little bourbon and coke while firing up the grill...I guess it just sounded good on this hot Atlanta evening. I don't think I've had a bourbon and coke in at least 5 years. It tastes like college.

what bourbon did you use? what's the normal go-to mixed (bourbon) drink when the mood strikes?

what bourbon did you use? what's the normal go-to mixed (bourbon) drink when the mood strikes?

I used OGD114 just because I didn't have any EW BIB here. If I make a bourbon cocktail 95% of the time it's an old fashioned...4% it's a manhattan...and I save that last 1% for something like this.

Cooked some awesome burgers and now going with a nice pour of FR LE SmB 2012 to finish off the night.

fc1b3f6123b58948780877e7964fa8cd.jpg

Bourbon and Coke always reminds me of college football tailgates

Picked up a bottle is never heard of today. Blood Oath Pact 1. It's a blend of three different bourbons. It was a little spendy but I trust my bourbon guy and he made me buy it. I have to say that it is quite good. I would definitely buy it again. Nice heat but not all that high proof at like 98pf. Good depth and nice thick feeling on the palate.

c56e2f5d76012a9bd9fda1cf8c2de683.jpg

Picked up a bottle is never heard of today. Blood Oath Pact 1. It's a blend of three different bourbons. It was a little spendy but I trust my bourbon guy and he made me buy it. I have to say that it is quite good. I would definitely buy it again. Nice heat but not all that high proof at like 98pf. Good depth and nice thick feeling on the palate.

c56e2f5d76012a9bd9fda1cf8c2de683.jpg

http://youtu.be/FCMoRsmUQxE

This guy needs a teleprompter in the worst way.

Mixing up a nice batch of bourbon manhattans for a few weeks of barrel aging. The waiting is the hard part.

Back