• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I think he will be good, Cheshire Academy has a good amount of athletes roll through their doors. Think they sent a kid to UF a few years back.

The one who killed himself in prison after murdering 2+ people and shooting another in the face?

Not sure if it was Hernandez but would be excited if our new guy did this after a sack
1zy8r2x.gif

Last edited:
Not a lot of good offers but could be a developmental type that Cohen can work with. Welcome Malachi

This is a kid who has grown from a LB, TE to DE and now to DT.

He has a great base. You see the development of guys with less frame like Yarbary and Bateman and the potential becomes more recognizable. Malachi will be a 300 plus pound DT for Wake

Real excited to see guys like Rondy Bothroyd (grew from 6’2-235 to 6’4.5 and 275 in the last year), Royce Francis, an exceptional motor guy with long arms and is intense competitor). Also the super strong Dion Bergen who has also evolved size-wise over the last year. Dion will be as strong as anybody on the squad when he arrives and will be an immediate asset in the weight room. Kenneth Dick will likewise push training standards. Excited to see these guys’ work ethic amplified by top shelf facilities and staff. Great additions to the inter-team competition

This is a kid who has grown from a LB, TE to DE and now to DT.

He has a great base. You see the development of guys with less frame like Yarbary and Bateman and the potential becomes more recognizable. Malachi will be a 300 plus pound DT for Wake

Real excited to see guys like Rondy Bothroyd (grew from 6’2-235 to 6’4.5 and 275 in the last year), Royce Francis, an exceptional motor guy with long arms and is intense competitor). Also the super strong Dion Bergen who has also evolved size-wise over the last year. Dion will be as strong as anybody on the squad when he arrives and will be an immediate asset in the weight room. Kenneth Dick will likewise push training standards. Excited to see these guys’ work ethic amplified by top shelf facilities and staff. Great additions to the inter-team competition

I've been excited about these 3 guys as well.
Bothroyd and Bergen are both strong quick athletes that really get after it.
Also, I've heard from a local HS coach and friend whose team played against Royce Francis that he was really impressed with him. His comments were that he was very active and thought he had a higher upside than some other DEs that are going to other ACC and SEC teams. Always good when competitive coaches give praise.

Heard a radio interview with the USC strength and conditioning coach. After talking about Darnold, he went on to talk about the three categories of guys on football teams: dominators, competitors and survivors.

Dominators are the leaders in everything. Competitors make up the majority of the players on the team. Survivors are the guys who are just getting by. You can't win if you have many of them. They need to be motivated to become competitors.

That is part of coaching, particularly the S&C guys job. He spends more time with the players than their position coach during the off season particularly. He was really in favor of getting freshmen in for the spring when they should be HS seniors.

Anyone have any intel on Rowan? Looks like a private school kid where the competition is questionable.

Which was clear because he’s class of 2018.

From the same town as Colburn.

Awesome pick up. I love the part about 3-4 years- I hope he's going pro after 3!

Awesome pick up. I love the part about 3-4 years- I hope he's going pro after 3!

I noticed that as well, love the confidence. Also, he just switched from WR to RB this year so he could see a slight bump in rating. Clemson and South Carolina were showing significant interest but had not offered yet it seems.

Back