• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

This thread reminds me of Mebane's love affair last year with little brother of Ali Lamont. But he was right, the kid switched from QB to LB and was a stud this year for BC.

This thread reminds me of Mebane's love affair last year with little brother of Ali Lamont. But he was right, the kid switched from QB to LB and was a stud this year for BC.

Also, reminds me of someone on this board's (can't remember who) adoration of Kevin Parks from Salisbury, NC. A poster continued to prod Grobe to recruit him, but WF showed only mild interest. The poster's praise got out of hand, but it ended up being justified as Parks wound up at UVA and is their 5th all time leading rusher and 4th all-time in rushing TDs.

It was catudeac. He also made the Washington Post for teaming up with Rusty Larue on a minor recruiting violation.

Also, reminds me of someone on this board's (can't remember who) adoration of Kevin Parks from Salisbury, NC. A poster continued to prod Grobe to recruit him, but WF showed only mild interest. The poster's praise got out of hand, but it ended up being justified as Parks wound up at UVA and is their 5th all time leading rusher and 4th all-time in rushing TDs.

Yep. and the word on this board was Parks really wanted to come to Wake. Hard to understand some recruiting decisions by our coaches/school. This one, and Skip P. not allowing Wes Miller to walk on at Wake, followed now by his younger brother also to UNC-CH, via Manning. (per D Ross post earlier)

Aaron Curry recently announced as the defensive coordinator at Charlotte Country Day. Hopefully helps us with Triston Miller and other future prospects.

This was his offer list as of two weeks ago:
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...ndout-picks-up-fifth-college-offer/413547002/

Reynolds lineman CJ Elmonus picked up his fifth college offer this weekend.
The junior received an offer from Wofford College, adding to a growing list that includes Wake Forest, WCU, Tennessee Tech and Coastal Carolina.

Man if this was basketball, candiandeac would be having a tantrum on here with a multitude of posts asking why we reached for a kid with no p5 offers. :eek:hnoes:

If they like his frame and his footwork a redshirt year could turn him into a real contributor.

Sounds like he committed. Definitely a redshirt guy. 6-7 but only weighs 255. Tall, long armed athletic offensive tackle.

Back