• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Greene is a good athlete but he's never played any competition that is even remotely close to good and until this summer considered himself a basketball player that passed the time in the fall on the football field. He's got the talent to be a good player but has to get much stronger, really start to study the game, and get a lot tougher in general. Don't doubt that with his love of basketball that the success of Duke basketball helped them with this recruitment. And lets not shame the guy by bringing up grades. He's committed to Duke, and had offers from WF, ND, and Duke. His grades were fine. Don't go to that level. Duke had a heck of a recruiting weekend but lets not act like they just landed Julio Jones. Greene is ranked in the top 20-30 in the state, there is a reason he isn't sniffing the top 10.

He’s #14 in NC on 247.

Could be as simple as the fact we've got 7 WR in the last two recruiting classes. I think all four WR in the 2018 are slated to play WR.

Kelly Holder of Mt. Airy is one of the best coaches in the state. He could have left for much bigger programs long ago. And Greene has never been a diamond in the rough. Look at his offer sheet. He’s the #14 player in NC on 247.

He’s #14 in NC on 247.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night old man. Also, the NC football recruiting gurus I know say this year's class is kinda week overall, so he's probably getting a bump from that as well just sayin.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night old man. Also, the NC football recruiting gurus I know say this year's class is kinda week overall, so he's probably getting a bump from that as well just sayin.

Whatever. Greene is a big time athlete/recruit and Kelly Holder has won 226 games in 20 years with one state title and two runners up. So you were wrong in saying he is a diamond in the rough with shitty coaching.

1A competition in the state is very weak. Not to say he couldn't turn out to be a good player but you got to consider that

State of NC class this season is absolutely loaded.

Whatever. Greene is a big time athlete/recruit and Kelly Holder has won 226 games in 20 years with one state title and two runners up. So you were wrong in saying he is a diamond in the rough with shitty coaching.

State of NC class this season is absolutely loaded.

Not the 1A class.

And he's next season.

Facepalm

I have been following Greene's recruitment because he's the type of player who I thought Charlotte might have a chance at. He's a diamond in the rough whose still learning to play football. Having seen him play a couple of times I can say that the competition he's playing against and the coaching he's getting in a rural football area is piss poor. He might develop but who knows.

He's too good for UNCC then, they get the "Zirconia in the rough"

I have been following Greene's recruitment because he's the type of player who I thought Charlotte might have a chance at. He's a diamond in the rough whose still learning to play football. Having seen him play a couple of times I can say that the competition he's playing against and the coaching he's getting in a rural football area is piss poor. He might develop but who knows.

who the hell wants to play football at Charlotte?

ITT, we're primarily talking about 1A Mt Airy HS, UNCC, and Duke football. We're big time.

ITT, we're primarily talking about 1A Mt Airy HS, UNCC, and Duke football. We're big time.

Donovan Greene is big time. MA is big time in NC high school football. Most wins of any high school in NC over the past 70 years.

Donovan Greene is big time. MA is big time in NC high school football. Most wins of any high school in NC over the past 70 years.

Everyone who, even occasionally, checks out the FB recruiting thread knows you think this. Greene committed to Duke. Time to move on. Clawson has.

LOL Old fart. Did you play on the team back in 1950 or something?

Let's line them up against Mallard Creek and see what happens.

A high school with 350 students doesn't compete on th e big time level.

They should do an ESPN Play 60 or 34/30 on the Mount airy football team. I bet this old guy wfu22fan would be up on the stands trying to talk to all of the high school girls and they would run away from him with a weird look on their faces alike "why is that creepy old man who comes to all the game talking to me he does that every week and my mom and dad say to stay away from him."? Does the football coach drive the bus too? Does he have any skeletons in his closet?

They should do an ESPN Play 60 or 34/30 on the Mount airy football team. I bet this old guy wfu22fan would be up on the stands trying to talk to all of the high school girls and they would run away from him with a weird look on their faces alike "why is that creepy old man who comes to all the game talking to me he does that every week and my mom and dad say to stay away from him."? Does the football coach drive the bus too? Does he have any skeletons in his closet?

I know this is a troll account but the bolded is good stuff

This is one for the books. Actually, we won 2 state championships at MA when I played there in the 1940’s for the legendary coach Wally Shelton. I then matriculated at Duke, where I played QB on the Rose Bowl winning team in 1948 and made the All-Southern conference first team with Choo Choo Justice of UNC. I kicked the longest punt in the history of Kenan Stadium, 78 yards. After my playing days at Duke, I attended law school at Wake Forest. I haven’t attended at Mt Airy football game since graduation.

Back