• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

3 Star, #63 WR nationally, #17 recruit in NC. This sucks any way you cut it. He was at Duke for the basketball game last night. Out BB program is pulling down our FB.

This is not the profile of a gamechanging recruit.

This is not the profile of a gamechanging recruit.

How many times do we get at top 17 in NC recruit? There are very few game changing recruits in football but Greene could have been a very good player for us. Cutcliffe doesn’t attend 4 home basketball games of many recruits.

I dunno it just sounds like Claw didn’t make him a priority for whatever reason and at this point he’s earned the benefit of the doubt.

I agree. Greene probably couldn’t meet the academic requirements for a WF football recruit and he was waiting on bigger offers. Clawson likely decided to not waste a lot of time on him. It’s still disappointing since Greene would have been the first MA player since James Brim to play for the Deacons.

I agree. Greene probably couldn’t meet the academic requirements for a WF football recruit and he was waiting on bigger offers. Clawson likely decided to not waste a lot of time on him. It’s still disappointing since Greene would have been the first MA player since James Brim to play for the Deacons.

Time to move on.....

ITT wfu22fan obsesses about NC rankings

My days of crying over a recruit who passes us by are long gone. I want guys who want to be Deacons, to carve their names upon her ancient walls. Whether they determined that in 10th grade or the night before NSD doesn't matter to me. That really doesn't occur until they suit up for their first practice. It doesn't mean much until they take it to an opponent.

Sorry dude, but it’s true. The Duke BB program helps all Duke athletic programs. Our horrible BB program affects the perception of the school. Greene is a local and attended football and basketball games at both schools. He is a very good hoops player. The timing of his commit, right after the Duke win over UNC last night, makes it obvious that the passion of the students and good feeling of the campus after the win had an effect on him. WF has had one great home win in the last
4 years. It makes a difference to some recruits.

Could the timing just be due to being on a visit?

How many times do we get at top 17 in NC recruit? There are very few game changing recruits in football but Greene could have been a very good player for us. Cutcliffe doesn’t attend 4 home basketball games of many recruits.

We have the NC Player of the year and Parade All American wide receiver who hasn't played a down for us yet. Pretty sure this recruit saw an easier road for playing time at Duke. Maybe we should employ Occam's Razor here and say this recruit feared Sage Surratt.

We have the NC Player of the year and Parade All American wide receiver who hasn't played a down for us yet. Pretty sure this recruit saw an easier road for playing time at Duke. Maybe we should employ Occam's Razor here and say this recruit feared Sage Surratt.

Good point we do have a bunch of young WR’s

Well, good for Cutcliffe for spending days worth of travel time to watch a guy who projects as one of the top 200 wide receivers in the nation by the time he's a senior play basketball.

Well, good for Cutcliffe for spending days worth of travel time to watch a guy who projects as one of the top 200 wide receivers in the nation by the time he's a senior play basketball.

He won the recruiting battle over WF, UNC, NCSU, and Notre Dame. And Greene is a top recruit, probably the top WR recruit in NC. His athletic ability is off the charts. Tall, fast and a great leaper, he was all-state in track last spring. Coaches like players who play multiple sports (Jesse Bates) and we often watch them play hoops because that is the sport they are playing when coaches have time to look after football season.

If you love this kid so much drive to Durham and watch him play. Otherwise, it's over. On to the next one.

He won the recruiting battle over WF, UNC, NCSU, and Notre Dame. And Greene is a top recruit, probably the top WR recruit in NC. His athletic ability is off the charts. Tall, fast and a great leaper, he was all-state in track last spring. Coaches like players who play multiple sports (Jesse Bates) and we often watch them play hoops because that is the sport they are playing when coaches have time to look after football season.

Greene is a good athlete but he's never played any competition that is even remotely close to good and until this summer considered himself a basketball player that passed the time in the fall on the football field. He's got the talent to be a good player but has to get much stronger, really start to study the game, and get a lot tougher in general. Don't doubt that with his love of basketball that the success of Duke basketball helped them with this recruitment. And lets not shame the guy by bringing up grades. He's committed to Duke, and had offers from WF, ND, and Duke. His grades were fine. Don't go to that level. Duke had a heck of a recruiting weekend but lets not act like they just landed Julio Jones. Greene is ranked in the top 20-30 in the state, there is a reason he isn't sniffing the top 10.

I have been following Greene's recruitment because he's the type of player who I thought Charlotte might have a chance at. He's a diamond in the rough whose still learning to play football. Having seen him play a couple of times I can say that the competition he's playing against and the coaching he's getting in a rural football area is piss poor. He might develop but who knows.

I have been following Greene's recruitment because he's the type of player who I thought Charlotte might have a chance at. He's a diamond in the rough whose still learning to play football. Having seen him play a couple of times I can say that the competition he's playing against and the coaching he's getting in a rural football area is piss poor. He might develop but who knows.

Kelly Holder of Mt. Airy is one of the best coaches in the state. He could have left for much bigger programs long ago. And Greene has never been a diamond in the rough. Look at his offer sheet. He’s the #14 player in NC on 247.

Last edited:
If you love this kid so much drive to Durham and watch him play. Otherwise, it's over. On to the next one.

He’s a Dookie now. Just sick that we lost him to my most hated school. Couldn’t care less about him now. He’s another Kevin Strickland and will probably be selling cars with Strickland in Durham in a few years.

Back