• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sounds like Wolford (Wolford was a dual threat QB in HS; he ran for a ton of yards and TDs).

Great get by the coaches to start the 2020 class. Really good offer list especially for it being so early. Kid is undersized but makes up for it with athleticism, arm strength,, and pretty good accuracy. Apparently performed really well at multiple colleges camps this year to earn those p5 offers. Great news!!

We held onto Hartman with a very early commit but not Clark. Let’s hope he’s more like Hartman.

Great get by the coaches to start the 2020 class. Really good offer list especially for it being so early. Kid is undersized but makes up for it with athleticism, arm strength,, and pretty good accuracy. Apparently performed really well at multiple colleges camps this year to earn those p5 offers. Great news!!

He may be undersized now, but he's only 16 and getting ready to start his junior year of high school.
It will likely be at least 3 years, or longer, before he gets on the field at Wake. He could easily be a couple of inches taller and 15-20 lbs heavier.
Based on the tapes I've seen of his sophomore season, he looks darn good.

Combine numbers for Griffis (2020) with numbers for 2019s Clark and Kern as comparisons:

Mitch Griffis (2020) 5’11 / 183. 5.03 40. 4.58 shuttle. 26 inch vertical.

Brendon Clark (2019) 6’2 /213. 4.74 40. 4.37 shuttle. 32 inch vertical.

Michael Kern (2019) 6’1 / 168. 4.71 40. 4.13 shuttle. 35 inch vertical.

Combine numbers for Griffis (2020) with numbers for 2019s Clark and Kern as comparisons:

Mitch Griffis (2020) 5’11 / 183. 5.03 40. 4.58 shuttle. 26 inch vertical.

Brendon Clark (2019) 6’2 /213. 4.74 40. 4.37 shuttle. 32 inch vertical.

Michael Kern (2019) 6’1 / 168. 4.71 40. 4.13 shuttle. 35 inch vertical.

These numbers tell me ... that Kern is pretty athletic.

I want us to keep recruiting really good players that are coveted by other schools the more we get the momentum builds upon itself

These numbers tell me ... that Kern is pretty athletic.

Agreed. Kern has really good combine numbers. Also, comparing a 2020 to a 2019 isn't really fair. Most rising juniors will significantly improve their combine results. I was just sharing the #'s because I had them.

We’ll be lucky to hold onto Dortch at the end of this season. NFL scouts will be drooling if he just maintains what he did last year and stays healthy

I just keep telling myself he wants to stay 4 years but y'all are probably right.

Our current OLs were thrown into the fire when they were young and inexperienced. Also, not the biggest and strongest. It was a painful 2 years for them, for the team and for us. Now, they're the most experienced and, arguably, the best returning line in the ACC. While their back ups don't have loads of playing time, they've had the advantage of a couple of years of strength/conditioning training and learning the system. I think we're at a place now where we can rotate these guys in as needed to keep the first team fresh, as well as give the back ups more experience. 2019 may start a little slowly, but our 'system' is now working and I think we'll be fine.

Yes. My thoughts as well.

Back