• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

What are the new biggest position/player targets for Clawson after the Greene signing? Also, I pray to God that we can keep our offensive line preforming on an good level... That has often been our downfall in past years. Love the Greene signing, and love all the in state commits, battling with state for premier NC program

I believe we’re still heavily pursuing Tyler Goodson (running back) and a really big (6’6) tight end I can’t seem to remember the name of at the moment.

We've got some really good o-line players in the pipeline. 247 rated Mike Edwards as a 4 star tackle, and the number 218 player in the country. He's hopefully going to be redshirting this year with the depth we have. But that's the kind of guy I'd love to see get some PT in a few games and keep his redshirt under the new rules.

Love to hear it. Redshirting OL's consistently leads to success. We're set to have one of the best OL in the ACC because of it.

Since 4 of our 5 OL are seniors, I have been wondering who are the backups by position and their class year for the OL? Do we have some folks with decent playing experience that will be able to slide in a year from now?

Since 4 of our 5 OL are seniors, I have been wondering who are the backups by position and their class year for the OL? Do we have some folks with decent playing experience that will be able to slide in a year from now?

We’ll be young, but much better off than we were when those 4 seniors were freshman.

I mentioned Mike Edwards. Taleni Suhren was pretty highly ranked as the #52 tackle in the country. He's a RS Soph this year, and I expect he'll get some playing time. Nathan Gilliam will be a RS Jr, and Je'Vionte Nash a RS Soph. Michael Jurgens and Devonte Gordon were relatively highly ranked and will be true freshman. We're building depth and getting all these guys a redshirt year is huge.

ETA: It's Mike "Edwards" - thanks Tigerswood

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Just saw the news. The Clawfense cannot be stopped.

With the way the team has been playing the past 2 years and the talent being brought in for the 2018 and 2019 classes, I have a feeling we are going to be good for a while. Excited by how good football has gotten. Lets schedule some big home games in the non-conference down the road!

With the way the team has been playing the past 2 years and the talent being brought in for the 2018 and 2019 classes, I have a feeling we are going to be good for a while. Excited by how good football has gotten. Lets schedule some big home games in the non-conference down the road!

Big question for the 19 season is how are the young linemen signed in 16 and 17 developing, and will they be ready to play when the current line graduates?

Is Greene one of the top 3 ranked WFU recruits in the modern era, with CJ Leake and James Brim? Greene is now the #3 recruit in NC and #15 WR in the nation. Leake was the #5 QB. Brim was Parade All-American first team.

Looking at our non-conference in 2019, we have a chance at a big bowl game depending on who stays and how attrition affects other ACC Atlantic Division teams. I expect we go 4-0 in non-conference in 2019.

Tyler Watson (think he's supposed to be Herron's replacement at LT) has received high praise from the Claw as well.

What are the new biggest position/player targets for Clawson after the Greene signing? Also, I pray to God that we can keep our offensive line preforming on an good level... That has often been our downfall in past years. Love the Greene signing, and love all the in state commits, battling with state for premier NC program

The biggest “commitment” that I would like to see is a commitment from RB Kendrell Flowers (Irmo, SC) that he will not be taking any more visits. Flowers has been very pro-Wake on Twitter but camped at Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and had visits to other school lined up as well. Flowers has picked up offers from UNC, Penn State and Tennessee since committing to Wake.

The general impression is that Wake is targeting two RBs for this class. Tyler Goodson (Suwanee, GA) has visited Wake multiple times and is set announce a decision on July 3. He reportedly narrowed his list to Wake Forest, Iowa and West Virginia. Conventional wisdom is leaning slightly towards Iowa.

If Wake misses out on Goodson, it’s not clear where they would look next. Tony Mathis (Cedartown, GA) has a Wake offer and would seem to be a possibility but I haven’t seen any confirmation that he’s ever visited Wake. Mathis was a standout recently at an FSU camp. Shadrick Byrd (Alabaster, AL) also has a Wake offer but is widely expected to end up at Duke.

Sam Snyder is the favorite to take the 2nd TE spot in the class.

Zach Tom has gotten a lot of praise from coaches. Young OL moving up the depth chart.

Some scoop on Greene: he was at WFU this past weekend for a visit and was playing some hoops with CP3. Greene is a very good hoopster and loves roundball. Smart timing by the staff to have Greene on campus when CP3 was in WS at his camp.

Our current OLs were thrown into the fire when they were young and inexperienced. Also, not the biggest and strongest. It was a painful 2 years for them, for the team and for us. Now, they're the most experienced and, arguably, the best returning line in the ACC. While their back ups don't have loads of playing time, they've had the advantage of a couple of years of strength/conditioning training and learning the system. I think we're at a place now where we can rotate these guys in as needed to keep the first team fresh, as well as give the back ups more experience. 2019 may start a little slowly, but our 'system' is now working and I think we'll be fine.

I believe we’re still heavily pursuing Tyler Goodson (running back) and a really big (6’6) tight end I can’t seem to remember the name of at the moment.

The TE is Samuel Snyder, currently 6' 6", 220 lbs.
Fleming HS. Orange Park, Fl.

Flowers has been very positive Twitter. Here's hoping the Greene and Groulx commitments will be enough to assure Flowers, and others, the WFU boat is sailing in the right direction. Go Deacs!

Back