• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Saw a few clips of Beto from tonight's debate with Cruz. I realized I've never seen Beto in a tie. Looked weird.

Ted Cruz tweeted this. I'll just tell you before you watch that it's Beto making an impassioned plea for justice on behalf of Botham Jean in what looks like a predominantly black church. Jean was killed in his own home by a Dallas cop who hasn't been fired, charged, or disciplined.

Questions for Junebug, Angus, or any board conservatives. Why would a Republican senate candidate tweet his Democratic opponent saying a cop shouldn't be able to go to someone's door and kill them?

This was a great response to that tweet.

Saw a few clips of Beto from tonight's debate with Cruz. I realized I've never seen Beto in a tie. Looked weird.

Ted Cruz tweeted this. I'll just tell you before you watch that it's Beto making an impassioned plea for justice on behalf of Botham Jean in what looks like a predominantly black church. Jean was killed in his own home by a Dallas cop who hasn't been fired, charged, or disciplined.

Questions for Junebug, Angus, or any board conservatives. Why would a Republican senate candidate tweet his Democratic opponent saying a cop shouldn't be able to go to someone's door and kill them?

Beto

So stunned. I didn't plan on watching the debate because I'm politically fatigued.

I knew I was walking in October for early voting, and going straight D.

Now I'm contributing to Beto.

I probably live in an echo chamber, but I think he's got a shot.

Excellent explanation of why Cruz tweeted that clip of Beto from Chris Ladd of Political Orphans:

“The GOP is now the party of white people, and they see the police as their blue line of protection against everyone who threatens their position. Cruz is reminding his voters that O'Rourke, despite looking white, is not going to exclusively represent their interests. What makes that ad effective is not what O'Rourke said, but the mass of black faces in the background. He could have been talking about his love for the Dallas Cowboys and it would still work. That ad is a work of political genius in its own sick, terrifying way.”

Another Republican cries victim when they get called out. Shocking.

Washington (CNN) — It's no longer all in the family. Republican Rep. Paul Gosar is slamming his Democrat opponent in his Arizona reelection race for capitalizing on "family political differences" after his opponent launched a TV campaign ad that featured six of the incumbent's siblings urging people not to vote for him.

"Those of my siblings who chose to film ads against me are all liberal Democrats who hate President Trump," Gosar told CNN in a statement Saturday, responding to the ad. "These disgruntled Hillary suppporters (sic) are related by blood to me but like leftists everywhere, they put political ideology before family. Lenin, Mao and Kim Jung Un (sic) would be proud."
Born in Wyoming, Gosar is the oldest of 10 children -- 7 Democrats, 2 Republicans and 1 independent, according to his congressional website. He told CNN in his statement that none of his siblings live in Arizona.

Related Article: Rep. Paul Gosar's siblings in new ad: Don't vote for our brother
"You can't pick your family. We all have crazy aunts and relatives etc and my family is no different. I hope they find peace in their hearts and let go all the hate," Gosar said.

He added, "To the six angry Democrat Gosars -- see you at Mom and Dad's house!"

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/22/po...ad-response/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Another Republican cries victim when they get called out. Shocking.

Washington (CNN) — It's no longer all in the family. Republican Rep. Paul Gosar is slamming his Democrat opponent in his Arizona reelection race for capitalizing on "family political differences" after his opponent launched a TV campaign ad that featured six of the incumbent's siblings urging people not to vote for him.

"Those of my siblings who chose to film ads against me are all liberal Democrats who hate President Trump," Gosar told CNN in a statement Saturday, responding to the ad. "These disgruntled Hillary suppporters (sic) are related by blood to me but like leftists everywhere, they put political ideology before family. Lenin, Mao and Kim Jung Un (sic) would be proud."
Born in Wyoming, Gosar is the oldest of 10 children -- 7 Democrats, 2 Republicans and 1 independent, according to his congressional website. He told CNN in his statement that none of his siblings live in Arizona.

Related Article: Rep. Paul Gosar's siblings in new ad: Don't vote for our brother
"You can't pick your family. We all have crazy aunts and relatives etc and my family is no different. I hope they find peace in their hearts and let go all the hate," Gosar said.

He added, "To the six angry Democrat Gosars -- see you at Mom and Dad's house!"

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/22/po...ad-response/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

When 6 of your 9 siblings do a commercial like that, maybe you need to take a long look in the mirror, because there's a good chance that you're the problem, not all of them. LOL. What's sad is that the guy will probably still win that seat.

it's almost impossible to get the non-mobile youtube link on a phone, tapa or otherwise

Back