• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saumuel has played WR full time for less than 1 year in his life. He's 21 years old. He was by far the best player on an OSU team that beat 3 top 10 opponents and made the playoff (got killed, yeah).

Do I wish we would have drafted him as our WR last year? Maybe not - I actually think he'd be more efficient/dynamic in a role similar to CMC/Kamara (obviously not for us). To write him off as a WR this early is very silly, though.

I don’t think anybody is writing him off as an NFL WR. I’m writing him off as a #1 WR. He wasn’t drafted for that purpose anyway.

Saumuel has played WR full time for less than 1 year in his life. He's 21 years old. He was by far the best player on an OSU team that beat 3 top 10 opponents and made the playoff (got killed, yeah).

Do I wish we would have drafted him as our WR last year? Maybe not - I actually think he'd be more efficient/dynamic in a role similar to CMC/Kamara (obviously not for us). To write him off as a WR this early is very silly, though.
Was he the best player though?

I feel like OSU fans have been the most skeptical about him being a legit NFL WR

Was he the best player though?

I feel like OSU fans have been the most skeptical about him being a legit NFL WR

Big OSU fan here. Should have probably said best offensive player. Lattimore and Hooker p good. Samuel still might have been more valuable though, as he was their only offensive weapon a lot of games.

I think he can be a legit slot WR that occasionally plays out wide. Hoping he turns into a poor man's Tyreke Hill. I also would like to occasionally get him the ball out of the backfield or on reverses/pop passes, as he was very good at that at OSU (see double OT vs Michigan). Line him and CMC both up in the backfield/HB position every now and then. Nightmare for opposing LBs.

Who ever thought Samuel was a #1 WR.

FWIW I don’t think anyone really considers Kirk a #1 WR either. Well, maybe Ph does.

Right. If we do sign a #1 (Gordon), Funchise moves to WR2, and then draft a slot/WR3 in the first round?

Just don’t see Kirk turning into a “baby OBJ.”

DV2N90LV4AEvGU0

Also this.

Yeah, no idea how he and the rest of the offense only scored three points in that game.

That game was the difference in us winning the division and not too. A win there and we likely avoided playing the Saints for a third time. :(

Of course, we also could've easily lost several of the one-score games that went our way this year

I live right down the street from Reggie's house. I remember the sirens well that night. It's one of the reasons I wear a damn CPAP right now.

Right. If we do sign a #1 (Gordon), Funchise moves to WR2, and then draft a slot/WR3 in the first round?

Just don’t see Kirk turning into a “baby OBJ.”

If we sign a #1, we don’t need to draft a WR. I’d rather draft a #1 RB and put CMC in the slot more often. We could get by with 5 WR.

I think G-Man is trying to grab assets he likes, kinda like the Beane signing Joe Webb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back