• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2018 Pit Fantasy Football League One* Season 9 - Playoffs?!

Taking the L to a winless team hurts a bit. I imagined weeks 10 and 12 (thielen and Hunt bye weeks) would be tough but still hurts.

Week 11 Power Rankings

qy89O8Z.png

My 2-9 (two week win streak!) team is projected to beat 9-2 squad by 14 points this week. Makes sense.

I pretty sure we've discussed this in the past but why do we have this league's championship in week 17?

Definitely something to reevaluate before next season.

Things are looking dire for my squad. I'm very close to posting the 2019 Pit League One Commissioner job opening. Interested parties might want to dust off their resumes.

Week 12 Power Rankings

y5xykYX.png

The first four tickets to the playoffs have been punched.

You're one game out of the last playoff spot and have a 280 point lead (tiebreaker) over the team currently in the last spot. You definitely have a shot. You will also win nearly every tiebreak barring a total points collapse the last two weeks.

Basically 5 teams fighting for 2 wild card spots (removing the two division leaders also in the WC hunt). Woe is me and all, but I'm one of those five and have two 2 point losses and one 4 point loss on the books this season. I do get to play other WC contenders the last two weeks, so my destiny is still somewhat in my own hands.

This season saw 8 completed trades. Let's review them in chronological order:

1) Doofus trades Rex Burkhead for Randall Cobb (from bernbp) in Week 2. Rex goes to IR almost immediately, and Cobb cobbles together only a couple games (and very few points) around his own injuries.
2) wake20 trades Zach Ertz for Brandon Cooks & Greg Olsen (from Nonny) in Week 2. Looking at season totals, today, that's TE1 for TE15 and WR15.
3) Eaglez trades C.J. Beathard for Golden Tate (from YoungBuck) in Week 7. This trade is about as exciting and impactful as you're imagining.
4) Barca trades Sam Darnold for Larry Fitzgerald (from SD3) in Week 8. Fitz is a fantasy deity, and this trade will only add to his legend.
5) DeacHawk trades Taylor Gabriel for Sam Darnold (from SD3) in Week 9. Poor DeacHawk...he's a Jets fan, and here he trades for [quickly] damaged goods. Also, for those paying attention, SD3 essentially traded Larry Fitzgerald for Taylor Gabriel over a week period.
6) Wolf1297 trades Nyheim Hines for Mitchell Trubisky (from Cumberland) in Week 10. Two words: Trade rape.
7) Numbers trades Josh Gordon for Aaron Jones (from Ghostsurfer) in Week 10. This is a pretty big reason why Numbers has clinched a playoff spot.
8) YoungBuck trades Marquez Valdes-Scantling for Alex Smith (from HTTD) in Week 12. Alex Smith goes to IR in first game after the trade, and MVS has compiled all of 2.1 points in two games. Everyone is stuck holding a bag of dicks.

I motion for HTTD to be exempt from relegation. Just only send down 3 if necessary which adds extra excitement for the 3rd place game in the kids league.

I motion for HTTD to be exempt from relegation. Just only send down 3 if necessary which adds extra excitement for the 3rd place game in the kids league.

I’ll get behind this, too. Too good of a commish that’s also willing to do it.

I also still have no clue what Cumberland was thinking. I said it at the time and still believe it was a horrible trade.

just relegate bottom four from power rankings rather than standings?
(sorry deachawk, just throwing out suggestions)

just relegate bottom four from power rankings rather than standings?
(sorry deachawk, just throwing out suggestions)

why not from bottom 5 in standings and exclude HTTD? Or go with the understanding when the season started, bottom 4 in standings. If HTTD is gone, then someone else out of 20 can step up and be the commish.

that's fine. i'm not for changing rules after season starts. so whatever the relegation metric was to begin with should stand.

or relegate the bottom 4 not including HTTD
Don't listen to suggestions from people outside the league.

There's a reason why minor league baseball players make no money. And when they get to the majors, they no longer care about the issues of the minor leaguers.

why not from bottom 5 in standings and exclude HTTD? Or go with the understanding when the season started, bottom 4 in standings. If HTTD is gone, then someone else out of 20 can step up and be the commish.

Ok you wanna be commish? I'm not saying to relegate you instead but I don't think that there will be anybody willing to be commish to the extent that HTTD has been.

But I also agree about not changing the rules.

Back