• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson kickoff set for 3:30

Looks like Trevor shook off the cobwebs from Saturday's hit
maxresdefault.jpg

LOL that Wake's athletic department released this with the messed up Audio recording some student and not Clawson. Way to go Wake!

Are we that much worse than Cuse that we think we have zero chance? Especially if Lawrence can't go? I guess our defense probably is.

Yes we are that much worse than cuse or at a minimum we match up with Klempton that much worse.

Cuse beat them last year and last week held a nine point fourth quarter lead. Since Dabo has been at Klempton every game has been a four or five touchdown game until they have emptied their benches.

Trevor Lawrence is starting. Clemson fans travel very well. Expect lots of orange. Clemson needs style points to move back up in the polls and the eyes of the committee. They're only a 17 point favorite with a point to prove. We will have turnovers and holding penalties. They'll beat us by 40+ no matter who their QB is. Too much raw talent on their d-line and offensive receivers and running backs for us to handle. Expect a ND outcome only worse.

In 2011 we choked the game away in Death Valley. Up 14 with a chance to go up 17 in the 4th quarter. Missed 32 yard FG killed us.

In 2011 we choked the game away in Death Valley. Up 14 with a chance to go up 17 in the 4th quarter. Missed 32 yard FG killed us.

We had a much better defense back then and that was before Klempton started bringing in future pro quarterbacks. Klempton’s entire defensive line could have left early for the draft and all of them came back. Unless Tua gets hurt it won’t matter and Bama will win anyway.

We all agree that Tajh Boyd was an excellent college QB and was drafted by the NY Jets. We all agree.

I’m still pissed about the ass raping the officials put on us in 2004 in double OT at their place. It was the epitome of getting the “Death Valley” treatment. Phantom PI call on 4th down cost us the game.

Last edited:
Does our defense have any redeeming qualities right now against good opponents? I can't even point to a reason we might be able to keep them from scoring 40, other than some fortunate turnovers. Someone give me a reason to hope.

I’m still pissed about the ass raping the officials put on us in 2004 in double OT at their place. It was the epitome of getting the “Death Valley” treatment. Phantom PI call on 4th down cost us the game.

We got completely hosed by the refs that game. Even the Clemson fans knew it.

Does our defense have any redeeming qualities right now against good opponents? I can't even point to a reason we might be able to keep them from scoring 40, other than some fortunate turnovers. Someone give me a reason to hope.

Justin Strnad and DJ Taylor can be really good linebackers when their heads aren't flooded with a bunch of complex checks. (story incoming, haha)

That was an absolutely abysmal call. There was no contact at all, let contact warranting a penalty.

Hard to see us holding them to under 40 but here is one idea - do not run the up tempo offense. Eat more time off the clock, keep the defense off the field a bit more and hope for some turn-overs. I know it would be a change to the offense but really only chance I see against teams like Clemson / ND.

Hard to see us holding them to under 40 but here is one idea - do not run the up tempo offense. Eat more time off the clock, keep the defense off the field a bit more and hope for some turn-overs. I know it would be a change to the offense but really only chance I see against teams like Clemson / ND.

WF could go this route. In Clawson's presser yesterday, he mentioned that Clemson has crazy depth, and that the reason that you go high tempo is to increase the number of plays which means either the opposing D gets tired or they are forced to play backups which results in a major reduction in talent level. Not the case for Clemson as they rotate backups as much as any team WF faces (also, Clemson played against a high tempo attack last week, in Cuse, so they are prepared for a high tempo O). Would think this would cause an adjustment in WF tempo this week. That said, it's not that easy to change tempo and be productive on a week to week basis. WF has practiced and played one way since the middle of last season; changing that style for one game, may cause problems with the offenses ability to move the ball. Tough call for the coaches.

Yeah. It’s a bind. Kelly figured out that he could quickly sub when plays ended on the ND side of the field. I think we need to selectively play tempo when the staff feels like we have a personnel advantage. Otherwise, I’d rather be efficient and make it harder for Lawrence, Etienne, Renfrow and crew to wear us down.

Back