• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

On substance, you'd be right, but substance is not determinable on what the public thinks.

I know, America is dumb and terrible, but the dumb and terrible people are already voting for Trump. She'll stand up to him and fight him, Biden will let Trump walk all over him and look like a bitch.

Power is the only thing that matters in politics. Democrats in power will allow more Progressive policies to be passed then having Republicans in power. Until the left starts Treating elections as the exercise in game theory that they are, then the right will continue to come up at recess and beat us up and steal our candy.

Last edited:
I know, America is dumb and terrible, but the dumb and terrible people are already voting for Trump. She'll stand up to him and fight him, Biden will let Trump walk all over him and look like a bitch.
Is there any evidence that this will actually play with the middle? You agree with Warren policy prescription so she has your vote.

I think Biden will be much more effective in general election debates then will Warren who is easy to label as the s word

Last edited:
You could say that about politics in general.

Yes, debates and politics in general are an exercise in confirmation bias. And cable news greatly aids in that process. And while I hate it, I agree with Chris.

I think the number of regular voters who split their votes between parties is really small, particularly those who are actually going to actively make a decision next year. That’s why I’m concerned about Trump’s set in stone 40%. That doesn’t include the people who like to think they’re a persuadable middle but they’re going to vote for Trump over Warren or Biden or whoever.

The key is exciting the base. That’s how Republicans win as a homogenous party.

Power is the only thing that matters in politics. Democrats in power will allow more Progressive policies to be passed then having Republicans in power. Until the left starts Treating elections as the exercise in game theory that they are, then the right will continue to come up at recess and beat us up and steal our candy.

say more about what you mean here

Okay, now that has me reconsidering my position on allowing felons to vote. Does OJ not have a friend who can tell him this tweeting thing is a tad tone deaf and a less than great idea?

The bug eyed ex Maryland guy impresses me

Too bad he’s bald

Haven’t had a bald president since Truman

Not happening in 2020

my dawg Delaney!

he'd be a fantastic pick if people weren't stupid

The bug eyed ex Maryland guy impresses me

Too bad he’s bald

Haven’t had a bald president since Truman

Not happening in 2020

does moonz ever get anything right?

truman had a receding hairline but that's definitely not bald, at least not until long after the presidency:

even if you hold him as bald, you forget this guy:

538462-gettyimages-3321805.jpg

Trump is pulling hard for Warren. He probably already has an Indian headdress ready to wear to the first debate. It will be such a shit show.

What is this "us"?

Either way, don't think the answer to this is moar centrism from the people who lost all those elections

Last edited:
What is this "us"?

Either way, don't think the answer to this is moar centrism from the people who lost all those elections

I would say that centrism is much more successful in battleground states than is progressivism.

Sanders couldn't even beat a mediocre Clinton among Democrats.

To win elections, you have to convince people who are quite a bit more conservative than I am to vote your way.

Sanders isn’t that great of a candidate. Plenty of Progressives could have beaten Hillary. Warren could have.

I would say that centrism is much more successful in battleground states than is progressivism.

Sanders couldn't even beat a mediocre Clinton among Democrats.

To win elections, you have to convince people who are quite a bit more conservative than I am to vote your way.

Some evidence please?

If all you have is Bernie vs. Clinton in the primaries -- and oh by the way Bernie won Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota -- at this point in the race he was down FIFTY points to her in the polls, given the absurd name recognition disparity. Ten months later he was down one whole point.

People's conservatism differs when you're talking about economic and social issues. The Dems have spent the last decade running on being very liberal socially but not at all economically, and it has failed them, time after time. It's well past time to run liberally economically.

If that's too much for you and you'd rather stomach a second Trump administration, well, that's up to you

He lost by 3-4 million votes.

And here we are 4 years later and the centrist candidate leads the polls again.

If bold progressive economic ideas were winners, then they would win in the primary.

Warren v. Trump will be a different dynamic than Hillary. Warren has constantly painted herself in opposition to Wall Street, whereas Hillary constantly cozy-ed up to them. She has a core philosophy that she has stuck by, again, unlike Hillary.

Thus she'll be unafraid to stand up for herself against Trump and will cut a much more sympathetic figure, IMO, as she fights for something. Still not convinced it'll be enough in this awful place, of course

We're fucked. The party is run by ChrisLs. "Time for something new!" they say running the same shit that keeps losing. Keep courting those Reagan Dems and Southern Dems, for sure, that's the way to go.

Don't overthink it. GOTV, pick the candidate who the majority of the country agrees with the platform, forget what you think you know about electability.

Back