• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Sorry. One can't be both for and against medicare for all. He's for a public option. He's not for medicare for all. And to pretend that he's just listening to democratic voters and he's doing fundraisers with Merck execs and taking billionaire's money is disingenuous.
Your points are ridiculous and not based on facts. He's not against M4A. I keep explaining this to you and you're not listening. Pete is rising in the polls with his M4A plan. Polls of Democratic Party voters. You're taking issue with a strategy that's helped him leapfrog Warren and Sanders in the polls with Democratic Party voters.

Do you think Merck execs are the only ones responding to polls? Polls show people like M4A but don't want to give up their private insurance. Feel free to point out how ridiculous that is just like I did earlier. But don't contest the facts.

Pete is one of the few non-millionaires in the race. You all are portraying him like he's Richie Rich because his dad was a college professor and he went to Harvard. He can't draw from a huge slush fund from an easy blue state Senate/House/Governor race like most of the candidates. As long as we have shitty rules that allow big money to influence campaigns, I have no problem with a candidate without a lot of personal wealth using those rules to help even the playing field with wealthier, well-funded candidates.

Last edited:
Your points are ridiculous and not based on facts. He's not against M4A. I keep explaining this to you and you're not listening. Pete is rising in the polls with his M4A plan. Polls of Democratic Party voters. You're taking issue with a strategy that's helped him leapfrog Warren and Sanders in the polls with Democratic Party voters.

Do you think Merck execs are the only ones responding to polls? Polls show people like M4A but don't want to give up their private insurance. Feel free to point out how ridiculous that is just like I did earlier. But don't contest the facts.

Pete is one of the few non-millionaires in the race. You all are portraying him like he's Richie Rich because his dad was a college professor and he went to Harvard. He can't draw from a huge slush fund from an easy blue state Senate/House/Governor race like most of the candidates. As long as we have shitty rules that allow big money to influence campaigns, I have no problem with a candidate without a lot of personal wealth using those rules to help even the playing field with wealthier, well-funded candidates.

I'm not portraying him as Richie Rich, I'm portraying him as not a progressive. Because everything that comes out of his mouth screams technocratic neoliberalism. And your insistence on saying he supports medicare for all is ridiculous.

The more I read about Pete the more I like the guy. He’s the non hypocritical, common sense candidate with high morals and a somewhat bipartisan platform. I really hope the dude gets a shot.

“If you’re still dragging Buttigieg after reading that, then you’re not really interested in having allies willing to join the fight with you. That’s not to say you have to support his run for president. That’s your business. But when someone like Mayor Pete says, “I see your struggle. How can I help? How can I be of service?” my inclination is to say “Welcome!” — especially when they promise to be on the national stage for decades to come.”

Jonathon Capehart calls out the haters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...really-said-about-being-gay-prejudice-blacks/

How do you square being a progressive with using conservative talking points against med4all and free college? He’s objectively arguing against progressive policy. He’s not a progressive. He’s a terrible candidate. People that ran for the board of my local water utility have gotten more votes than he has.

Setting aside your part of the post, that's a good thread.

“If you’re still dragging Buttigieg after reading that, then you’re not really interested in having allies willing to join the fight with you. That’s not to say you have to support his run for president. That’s your business. But when someone like Mayor Pete says, “I see your struggle. How can I help? How can I be of service?” my inclination is to say “Welcome!” — especially when they promise to be on the national stage for decades to come.”

Jonathon Capehart calls out the haters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...really-said-about-being-gay-prejudice-blacks/

Let me state at the outset that I do not for one minute disregard the anger over what folks thought Buttigieg said. I of all people know that when you’re black in America, you’re used to your feelings being discounted, your experience being devalued and your very presence being denied, if not outright ignored. I understand why hellfire is visited upon anyone who tries to draw direct parallels or attempts to equate our unrelenting battles against racism and white supremacy with their own struggles with discrimination. But what I will not do is drag someone for using their own experience to build a bridge of empathy, openness and awareness to try to help make the lives of others better.

Well said.

Wasn’t his Supreme Court reform plan to set certain # seats for conservatives and liberals? Hardly radical.

Wasn’t his Supreme Court reform plan to set certain # seats for conservatives and liberals? Hardly radical.

and theoretically five others...who do you think he'd nominate for the other five? I'd guess Merrick Garland would be one.

I like how that npr article portrayed his progressive roots of talking to Oxford buddies who now work for big law firms and hedge funds. Fun!

Been seeing a lot of people on social talking about how media are picking on Harris. There are some legit gripes like lack of coverage of Steyer stealing her data and the hit piece that cited the person who left her campaign for Bloomberg. But the simple truth is Harris never developed a base or cohesive message despite being a firm #5 in the polls.

Back