• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

This would be kinda uninspiring but Travis Ford might be someone who gets consideration fromm Currie

He's a terrible coach...In twenty years as a HC, he has a losing conference record. No reason to even consider him.

HARD PASS

Miller may be a fantastic fit. That doesn’t mean there aren’t other coaches we absolutely should reach out to first.

Candidate I keep hearing for next season is Danny Manning from Wake Forest.

I am starting to think that this 5/1 transition date, coupled with Wellman's statement about remaining in control until 5/1, is an attempt to give Currie cover for WFU keeping Manning for another year.

If the Manning buyout really is 8 figures, and Wake is not willing or able to pay it, then the school may be trying to make Wellman fall on the sword. By 5/2, I would assume that we would have missed out on a number of good candidates.

Danny Manning is a giant asshole if he's really going to half ass coach us another year and not negotiate his buyout

Doesn’t hurt that Texas is playing offense like they don’t want to be there.

giphy.gif

Back