• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

If Snit decides to go bullpen tomorrow and give both Fried and Anderson the extra day then I think you have limited options as would assume you want to also rest Smith, Martin, and Matsek after tonight and save them as closing for 6/7 unless bullpen mishmash is able to keep them in the game. So some combo of Greene, Minter, Oday, and Webb? Try to get 2-3 innings each and then see how close Bravos are after 6-7 innings? If not real close let Tomlin finish up and possibly Kyle Wright since he maybe pitched 20+ the other night and save everyone else for last 2 Games? If close then you go with your usual formula of 1 inning each for Smith, Martin and then Melancon to close out and try to close it out in 5.

Wow that was fun last night! I still can't believe how well Bryse Wilson pitched.

If Braves can win tonight they can set up their rotation for the World Series (starts Tuesday) with Fried, Anderson, Kyle Wright/Bryse Wilson.

The Braves starting rotation this postseason had a combined 75 career starts (50 by Fried) entering this postseason. The 75 starts is the fewest by a starting rotation in MLB history. The previous record was 147 by the 2015 Mets. Its truly unbelievable what these young arms have done. While we can expect some bumps along the road, I wouldn't mind the Braves rolling with Fried, Anderson, Wright, Wilson and pick a fifth until Soroka returns next year.

Snitker and Kranitz have pushed a lot of the right buttons, but did not understand why they let Ynoa stay in for 4 innings and 92 pitches after the Dodgers had a 14 run lead on Wednesday. At that point, the game was lost and really didn't matter if the Dodgers scored more runs. Pitch Tomlin or even Sandoval and Culberson. A rested Ynoa could've given the Braves some length today, but now he is out. Curious, when it was foreseeable that the Braves were bullpenning on Friday.

Last edited:
Snitker and Kranitz have pushed a lot of the right buttons, but did not understand why they let Ynoa stay in for 4 innings and 92 pitches after the Dodgers had a 14 run lead on Wednesday. At that point, the game was lost and really didn't matter if the Dodgers scored more runs. Pitch Tomlin or even Sandoval and Culberson. A rested Ynoa could've given the Braves some length today, but now he is out. Curious, when it was foreseeable that the Braves were bullpenning on Friday.

That was a really good point - I was happy that Ynoa's outing was "saving the pen" by being in so long. But, I think I agree with you. If he could start today going 2 or 3 innings, that would likely be more important. Snit said everyone but Fried/YNOA/Webb are available, today. Could we see Ian Anderson for the first few innings (I doubt it, but Snit didn't mention him as not being available)? then a litany of relievers: O'Day, Minter, Tomlin, Melancon, can Matzek go for an inning or a few hitters, and Greene?, probably Martin again, maybe Smith.

MOMENTUM!!!

So who is rumored to start tonight? Or, who is the “opener”?

So who is rumored to start tonight? Or, who is the “opener”?

Tomlin, Kyle Wright or bullpen from the start. Here is a summary of availability out of the Braves pen:

Relievers with 2 days rest: O’Day, Minter, Tomlin, Melancon

Relievers with 1 day rest: Dayton, Ynoa, Webb

Reliever who pitched last night: Smith, Martin, Matzek, Greene

Relievers who have thrown in last 2 consecutive games: Greene

Minter the first pitcher in MLB history to get his first career start in the postseason.

Back