• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

I can't remember a game in any sport where three such awful calls all in the last few minutes. Two terrible hands to the face that didn't happen and a non-call for interference that did happen. Those refs should be suspended.

Wow the lions have been bent over a barrel in crunch time. We don’t deserve to win this game. The NFL has major issues.

Yeah, shitty calls, but Packers are usually on the other side of them so I will take it. But officiating in the NFL is a travesty.

I can't remember a game in any sport where three such awful calls all in the last few minutes.

Besides Louisville-Wake from two days ago.

But this was probably worse. Know how the Lions feel

So many bad calls (at least 3) against one team at crunch time appears suspicious. Tonight's refs: stupid or corrupt?

v71xl.jpg

I don't mind the no-call on the interference as much - there was contact but not a ton. But the 2 hands to the face penalties were atrocious and changed the outcome. With the 1st, instead of a 1st down leading to a TD, Rodgers is sacked, and they're punting with 10:00 left down 2 scores. And the 2nd call led to GB running the clock to the end before kicking a FG instead of giving Detroit a chance to get a FG of their own. I don't care for Detroit, but that was the worst hosing of a team by the refs this season.

Some interesting trades yesterday. Rams get Ramsey for the steep price of 2 1sts and a 4th. And before that trade Peters to my Ravens for a rotational ILB and a 5th (and if we don't re-sign him, we could get a 3rd comp). And the Rams got some interior depth for their OL from Cleveland. Also interesting that NE suspended Bennett. Maybe they trade him out of conference next week rather than let a team like KC get him if they were to release him. Also hearing that the Ravens might be interested in Ngakoue from Jax, which would make sense from Jax's perspective because he's at the end of his rookie deal, and they're ready to start Josh Allen. Also rumored that Cleveland might get Trent Williams from the Skins, which would be an upgrade at LT for them, and the OL has been their biggest issue this year. And if Cle gets Williams for less than Hou gave up for Tunsil, Bruce Allen will appear like a bigger idiot than he's already perceived. This seems like a busier midseason trade year than most, and we're not done.

If the Rams plan to sign Ramsey long-term, they didn't give up all that much. How many times can you find a perennial All Pro/potential Hall of Famer where the Rams will be drafting with him? Getting a couple of starters in the first is nice, but as nice as closing down one side of the field for years to come.

If the Rams plan to sign Ramsey long-term, they didn't give up all that much. How many times can you find a perennial All Pro/potential Hall of Famer where the Rams will be drafting with him? Getting a couple of starters in the first is nice, but as nice as closing down one side of the field for years to come.

That's if. It would be a $15-16mil per contract to make him the highest paid CB. But he's going to want more than that. He's going to want elite defensive player money, and that will be more in the $20mil per range. And you might not mind paying that if you were getting a great locker room guy who is squeeky clean off the field. But Ramsey has been rather volatile and likes to spout off a lot. But I'm fairly confident the Rams will pay him because they paid Goff, Donald and Gurley huge contracts. Donald is worth every penny. Gurley isn't in retrospect because of the degenerative knee (otherwise he was probably looking at a HOF career). But I absolutely don't get paying Goff the elite money they paid him.

Yeah, giving up two first round picks so you can sign some asshole who quit on his team to a big contract doesn't sound like a good move.

And until the rams fix that offensive line, none of this will matter. These will be mid round picks. That offensive line is as bad as Cleveland’s.

Yeah, giving up two first round picks so you can sign some asshole who quit on his team to a big contract doesn't sound like a good move.

The defending NBA Champs essentially did just that.

Yeah, let me know when Jalen Ramsey almost singlehandedly leads the Rams to a Super Bowl championship and the NFL does away with a hard cap.

Mahomes grabbing his head in frustration did not look promising for it being a minor injury.

Yeah that's a dislocated patella. Hopefully he's only out a few weeks rather than season ending surgery.

Dislocated kneecap. Can't wait to see what the new rule is going to be on hitting a QB on a sneak play.

Back