• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

So why did Sherman try to call out Mayfield when there is video to refute the call out? Is there something between those two?

I guess there isnt a FFL thread anymore?

I have both Lamar and Watson. Which would you trade? Or, my team is in 2nd place right now, is it smarter to hoard them both?

this is the football thread. not the dungeons and dragons thread

So why did Sherman try to call out Mayfield when there is video to refute the call out? Is there something between those two?

Who knows? Sherman seems like a guy who needs a little extra juice to get hyped. Maybe he forgot. Probably made it up.

Who knows? Sherman seems like a guy who needs a little extra juice to get hyped. Maybe he forgot. Probably made it up.

This "incident" was national news this morning. The video puts serious egg on the face of Sherman. Will he apologize for disrespecting an opponent?

He should. Definitely. And media outlets should apologize for making a big deal about it before looking at the video. They hype up every little beef.

He should. Definitely. And media outlets should apologize for making a big deal about it before looking at the video. They hype up every little beef.

Sherman apologized. Not sure I get the post above. The story ended up being bigger because of the video.

Sherman's story is that the perceived slight came after the coin toss (the video is from before) when Mayfield immediately turned and sprinted back to the sideline; you can see Sherman waving to him in videos that go through the entire coin toss. I have no clue why they shake hands twice as Sherman seems to contend is typical.

Sherman apologized. Not sure I get the post above. The story ended up being bigger because of the video.

It was a story before the video.

That INT from Brady was an absolutely terrible throw.

I know it’s windy, but yikes.

That INT from Brady was an absolutely terrible throw.

I know it’s windy, but yikes.

He threw 1 even worse against the Skins last week. They're fortunate to play such an easy schedule. Their D is excellent - love their secondary. But being thin on the OL and losing Gronk and AB has them very ordinary on O. Add to that they'll get burnt once or twice this year in close games because without a healthy Gostkowski they'll get Nugented occasionally. But even worse than that pick was the decision not to go for it on 4th down in the 4th behind 2 scores and the worst defensive holding call I've ever seen. Shurmur is justifiably getting vilified on this morning's talk shows. And you have the Pats 4th and 9, and you immediately mug Edelman from the get go and ride him for 4 seconds. No idea what Jenkins was thinking.

Speaking of WTF level of not thinking, whyTF is the vast majority of the nation watching Dal@NYJ over SF@LAR in the late game Sunday?

Geography. Plus "'murica's team."

Yeah, I get that part of it. But it's a depleted 3-2 playoff contender against a depleted winless team. Contrast that with last year's NFC SB rep in a must win situation at home against 1 of the 2 remaining undefeated teams. Much better story and game. And that's after we get Was@Mia instead of Phi@Min here in VA and before a Roethlisbergerless Pit@LAC. Not a strong viewing week.

the real reason is that CBS gets the national doubleheader this week, and Fox is the one showing the LA-SF game.

Yeah, I get that part of it. But it's a depleted 3-2 playoff contender against a depleted winless team. Contrast that with last year's NFC SB rep in a must win situation at home against 1 of the 2 remaining undefeated teams. Much better story and game. And that's after we get Was@Mia instead of Phi@Min here in VA and before a Roethlisbergerless Pit@LAC. Not a strong viewing week.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

the real reason is that CBS gets the national doubleheader this week, and Fox is the one showing the LA-SF game.

Technically think CBS could flex this game over, but guessing Fox doesn't want to completely vacate 4:00

The Chiefs started on their own 25 and scored on the first possession. During that drive, they accumulated 116 yards of offense.

Maybe the Cowboys can trade for Josh Rosen or someone and salvage their season

Back