• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

That was definitely a let down. Soft penalty in a game with a lot of great chances.

This performance from Johnsson is right up there with Tim Howard vs Belgium in 2014. Might be the best performance I've seen from a keeper.

Spurs officially pick up Hojbjerg for Walker-Peters plus a few mil. Good business. Hopefully he can handle all the defensive duties and we can get Ndombele back on the pitch alongside Lo Celso for once.

New Premier League fantasy is up and running if DV7 renews. Props to whoever edged me out. I missed the first match week but I'm not THAT mad.

Sheffield sign Ramsdale from Bournemouth. Henderson won't be loaned out again. Is this the end of de Gea?

Old Moonhead Koeman LOLZ

Dude makes Big Sam look like a tactical genius

If I was Messi I was leave ASAP

Sounds like Antonee Robinson might join Tim Ream at Fulham. Fulhamerica is back!

Sounds like Antonee Robinson might join Tim Ream at Fulham. Fulhamerica is back!

My second team returns! Love the Cottage.

Wish that Jedi went to a different club though, Fulham's cult hero is promotion playoff hero LB Joe Bryan and I think he would have benefitted greatly playing for Chris Wilder at Sheffield United.

BTB's support isn't doe

Fulham's great escape under Hodgson with Dempsey, McBride, Keller, and Boca was peak Fulham for me. Of course that was before my 11 year old son was alive, when I still had a gallbladder and I was about 15 pounds lighter. So yeah, shit's changed.

Here's a fun look at all 22 (!!) Manchester United penalties this season and whether they were objectively (read: subjectively) warranted based on what happened. No video in the article but all of the videos are easily found via reddit or YouTube if you want to do your own investigation.

TL;DR: 5 that were never a penalty, 13 that were definitely deserved penalties, 4 that were somewhere between soft and extremely soft but could be argued. It should also be noted that there were 0 situations where United should have received a penalty and did not get the call. Up to your own personal preference if you think that Pen United is warranted or not.

Here's a fun look at all 22 (!!) Manchester United penalties this season and whether they were objectively (read: subjectively) warranted based on what happened. No video in the article but all of the videos are easily found via reddit or YouTube if you want to do your own investigation.

TL;DR: 5 that were never a penalty, 13 that were definitely deserved penalties, 4 that were somewhere between soft and extremely soft but could be argued. It should also be noted that there were 0 situations where United should have received a penalty and did not get the call. Up to your own personal preference if you think that Pen United is warranted or not.

ManU has more penalties this season than Arsenal have gotten in the past three.

But there’s no favoritism in the EPL...

Seems strange to me to grant City and United an extra week while Liverpool and Arsenal open with the Community Shield.

Regardless, leading with Leeds should be a fun and wide open game. Gunners with a real tough start to the season, although perhaps fortunate some difficult away matches with no fans is better than later in the season with possible fans I guess.

Liverpool - Chelsea falling on my birthday with no real hope of doing anything outside of my house isn't all the bad afterall.

Back