• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Maguire found guilty in what seemed like a kangaroo court proceeding.

I know it's Greece and all but it didn't seem very kangaroo court at all. The bribery stuff is the big sticking point, the assault and resisting arrest is basically a he said, she said unless there is video evidence.

Where does Messi realistically go? Juve? I can't think of many other clubs that can afford him and where he would not dramatically alter their current successful playing style. I don't even think he would be a good fit at City, unless Pep is all in on playing a false nine and he scraps the high press.

Where does Messi realistically go? Juve? I can't think of many other clubs that can afford him and where he would not dramatically alter their current successful playing style. I don't even think he would be a good fit at City, unless Pep is all in on playing a false nine and he scraps the high press.

I'm not sure teams really care if he fits. If they get him on a free they make his wages back in marketing revenue in a few months.

I'm not sure teams really care if he fits. If they get him on a free they make his wages back in marketing revenue in a few months.

I suppose but I've read reports that he is making like 100 million a year in wages. Probably an exaggeration, but he just completely destroys the wage structure.

I could see Messi taking less money for a chance at another Champions League run. What team he fits in, not sure. It'd have to be a team he really feels has a shot.

City, while there appears to be interest, feels to much like him jumping ship to jump right back into the same situation. yes lots of talent but haven't been able to get out of the elite 8. While I can see the appeal of Messi to City, their offense has never been the issue...

PSG being so close and stacked with talent might be interesting but it's yet another gamble given their track record. They have enough resources they could finance a deal if a fee is required, but that could hamper their chances.

Maybe Messi feels he could push one of the two, or some other team over the top. Hell of a talent but I just dont see anyone forking over the required fee for a 33 year old player. He may have a legal case on the end of season clause, but i highly doubt that gets sorted before new season starts and likely the transfer window is over. Suppose he could join someone in January or mid season if freed of his contract in court.

Barca will fight him on this though as they are in dire straits for $.

If his list is purely teams that can pay him similar amounts of money + compete for the UCL, it's City, Juve, Real Madrid, PSG. Of those, I think you can definitively rule out Real and Juve because Real and Ronaldo, so whichever of the Emirati or Qatari rulers want him more will get him.

A lot of teams feel this way, but how about any real contenders? Juve, maybe PSG and possibly Man U (lol) are about the only three that I can think of. Your other top teams having playing styles and wage structure that don’t really accommodate a 33 year old Messi.

Wasn't Ronaldo feeling out a move to PSG? If CR9 leaves then Messi sliding in would make sense

and really ramp up the head-to-head comparison

Hamez to Goodison? You can have your Messi, we'll take the Columbian God of Sauce

(who will probably be health enough to play 5-10 matches for us each year knowing our luck)

Definitely will be purchasing his kit for the little man and possibly myself.

Also still heavily linked to signing Allan and Doucoure. Buying a bunch of 27-29 year olds is not my jam, but its seems that Ancelotti is getting his way. Either way a new look MF of the three would be :umkc:

City’s attack is an issue in some games. Too often toothless, especially if Kun isn’t in/available and it’s a big problem if they go down 1-0

Sounds like Spurs might pick up Doherty soon. Makes sense.

Yep, experienced stopgap for the near-term. I'm crossing my fingers that things like shoring up right back and CDM will allow for others to flourish but... there are more pieces that need refreshing. Now play Ndombele, ndammit.

Back