• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Seems strange to me to grant City and United an extra week while Liverpool and Arsenal open with the Community Shield.

Regardless, leading with Leeds should be a fun and wide open game. Gunners with a real tough start to the season, although perhaps fortunate some difficult away matches with no fans is better than later in the season with possible fans I guess.

Liverpool - Chelsea falling on my birthday with no real hope of doing anything outside of my house isn't all the bad afterall.

I have to imagine that neither Arteta nor Klopp are going to name anything more than reserve/youth lineups in the Community Shield. It's an unimportant showpiece in the best of years, this year it lacks any sort of import other than tradition.

I need to look up how many times in the last ten seasons Liverpool has played Arsenal in the first three or four matches. Feels like eight or nine times.

I need to look up how many times in the last ten seasons Liverpool has played Arsenal in the first three or four matches. Feels like eight or nine times.

Top of my head: 11-12 Emirates last Nasri game, Frimpong red card), 12-13 Anfield (that Diaby game, first Arsenal goals for Podolski, Cazorla), 16-17 Emirates (4-3 but not that close, Coutinho and Mane destroyed us), 17-18 Anfield (Ox had already mentally transferred himself to Liverpool so it was basically 12v10), 19-20 Anfield (Emery masterclass, Pepe ended VVD “not dribbled past” streak in like the 6th minute)

Well, I guess we know why United needed more time in the preseason so Maguire could post bond.

Blackpool having their way with Everton 10 minutes into their friendly.

Chelsea with some big moves on the horizon. First Timo and Ziyech. Now it sounds like Chillwell, Havertz, and possibly PSG Thiago are to follow.

Blackpool having their way with Everton 10 minutes into their friendly.

Finished 3-3! Didn't watch but from the reports I read our listless MF was punked by a League One side. Now both Gomes and Delph were both sitting out, but Delph is always hurt and Gomes is not exactly a physical force. We really need two CM signings, both of whom are physically and mentally sharp. Seems like Allan will eventually sign from Napoli, and Doucoure has been rumored as well. Neither really fit the long term visions laid out by the club of becoming more sustainable, but the plan may have changed with Ancelotti on board. I'm normally against these type of "veteran" signings but our central midfield is so dire that i'm willing to make exceptions.

Usain Bolt has the 'rona after hosting a big 34th birthday party with dozens of guests including Raheem Sterling and Leon Bailey.

Liverpool should go ahead and sell Origi and give all those minutes to Brewster. Two more goals today.

Back