• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin

We'll get a home game from a FCS school for '21

Think you are missing the exercise, but since you provided, if we scheduled a home and home for 2024/2028 with a G5 program who would you prefer? I say App would be a great decision. Mack would disagree.

ODU is in Conference USA, Army is a FBS independent, therefore it would be an FCS team. As for a G5 H/H, how about Coastal Carolina. For a P5 matchup, Tennessee would be nice before they clean up their act.

Don’t think we can schedule Tennessee season on enough. They’ll get straightened out eventually.
I would love the beat them. Their fans are similar to UNC, except they love orange.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if our Athletic Department is looking for the distraction of a home and home against Tennessee and I would think UT would feel the same way.

I doubt there would be a cordial negotiation between Currie and Fulmer.

Your right. I just thought Clawson would love to get back at them.

ODU is in Conference USA, Army is a FBS independent, therefore it would be an FCS team. As for a G5 H/H, how about Coastal Carolina. For a P5 matchup, Tennessee would be nice before they clean up their act.

2024 is Ole Miss (P5) not Old Dominion.
I love your Coastal call though. Another great weekend destination for the family.

My brother moved to Collierville, TN two years ago. Collierville is 52 miles from Oxford, MS. In other words, I am road tripping the next time we play at Ole Miss.

I don't know if someone brought this up but I believe Army counts as the P5 requirement for ACC teams. I know it does for Big 10 and SEC teams.

On App to the Orange Bowl, the OB has an arrangement with the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame to take the highest-CFP-ranked team from one of those (can shift to avoid a regular-season rematch, a la ND-UVa).

Near sure that a "Group of Five" team wouldn't wind up in that bowl -- believe that team can only go to the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach (only bowls that the G5 team has played in to date)

On App to the Orange Bowl, the OB has an arrangement with the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame to take the highest-CFP-ranked team from one of those (can shift to avoid a regular-season rematch, a la ND-UVa).

Near sure that a "Group of Five" team wouldn't wind up in that bowl -- believe that team can only go to the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach (only bowls that the G5 team has played in to date)
Are you saying that it could be ND vs a 1 loss WFU instead of a UVa which lost the ACCCG?

Are you saying that it could be ND vs a 1 loss WFU instead of a UVa which lost the ACCCG?

I believe the Orange Bowl has to take the second highest rated ACC team if one makes the playoff period. The shift would be ND to avoid a rematch, but I don't know why the OB would ever give up ND even for a rematch.

Back