• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

At least we beat UNC and Duke this season. NC State lost to UNC twice, and this may be the worst UNC squad in over 50 years (worse in some ways than even the 8-20 team.) Talk about misery, lol.

WTF NC State?

UNC was swept by Pitt (yes, swept), and lost to WF, BC and Wofford, among a ton of bad losses. The two brain fart losses to UNC may very well keep State out of the tournament and has got to driving Pack Nation insane. The comedy of seeing State fans unhinged is unfortunately offset by the minimal happiness that this gives to Heel fans.

Congrats State! You are the reason for half of UNC's conference wins this season. Remarkable job. If they are anywhere near the bubble come selection sunday I just don't see how you can overlook getting swept by both GT and UNC. They need 2 more marquee wins to offset those losses I would think. The last three regular season games do nothing for them really. They aren't beating Duke at Cameron and there's certainly no guarantee they win both at home, (Pitt and Wake) so they'll need to make a deep run in the ACCT to have a shot at dancing.

WTF NC State?

UNC was swept by Pitt (yes, swept), and lost to WF, BC and Wofford, among a ton of bad losses. The two brain fart losses to UNC may very well keep State out of the tournament and has got to driving Pack Nation insane. The comedy of seeing State fans unhinged is unfortunately offset by the minimal happiness that this gives to Heel fans.

Wofford takes exception to your post.

I can't believe State is even on the bubble at this point, and I saw that UVA was like a 10-11 seed a week or so ago. If UVA is that low a seed, how is State remotely on the bubble?

WTF NC State?

In my opinion the misery outweighs the trade off. Because Tar Heel fans are going to be unhappy regardless, so let’s see if we can make Wolfpack fans unhappy too.

The only thing better than one of your rivals having a historically terrible season is having another one of your rivals still lose to them. Twice.

Wofford takes exception to your post.

I can't believe State is even on the bubble at this point, and I saw that UVA was like a 10-11 seed a week or so ago. If UVA is that low a seed, how is State remotely on the bubble?

Hold that thought until after tonight. If the Hokies take care of bidness, the Hoos will replace the Pack on the Dayton watch list.

ETA: If someone had told me that VT would score 42 points in a half tonight, there's little doubt I would have had them winning by at least 6. The Cassell crowd didn't seem as loud as usual tonight.

Last edited:
Forbes and Becker did their part to stay in my good graces tonight.

Wes Miller... Not so much.

Oh hello, Bob Richey!

Evansville opened the season with a win at Rupp Arena against Kentucky. They then fired their coach for inappropriate behavior, and they just finished 0-18 in the Missouri Valley.

Clemson has beaten UL, FSU and Duke and is 15-13 overall.

Clemson has beaten UL, FSU and Duke and is 15-13 overall.

NIT bound? I don’t think they have chance of making the tournament, despite all of those big wins. It’s just more embarrassing losses for their opponents. One things for sure, it saves Brownell’s job. It looks like Boston College and Wake will be the only job openings in the ACC. I think Pastner is safe.

Seton Hall taking it to Marquette as a road dog.

Kevin Willard is my new boi.

Did anyone else watch the UCLA-Arizona game last night? I think Bill Walton is on the drugs. The PbP guy probably needed 5 martinis after the game.

Did anyone else watch the UCLA-Arizona game last night? I think Bill Walton is on the drugs. The PbP guy probably needed 5 martinis after the game.

No. I know some folks like Walton, but I find him irritating. What was funny was I saw on ESPN the other day some highlights of Frank Caliendo joining him for a few minutes of a broadcast and doing a great Walton imitation.

But I did enjoy watching UVA Duck Fuke last night. Duke really has no one outside of Jones and Carey who can do much offensively. UVA did a better job doubling and containing Carey in the 2nd half. Was impressed with Carey - the guy moves quite well for a big who weighs 270, but he needs to improve on passing out of a double team. I'm assuming he and Jones are gone after the season.

Has it ever happened that no ACC team escapes the 1st weekend of the tourney? This could be the year. Also interesting that it now looks like no ACC, SEC, B10 or P10 team will be a #1 seed.

The ultimate question is - How will the committee put UNC on the #2 line in seeding?

Dick Vitale>Bill Walton

I know some West Coast people would disagree, but I’d much rather have Vitale. He doesn’t bother me like he does for some. He’s also a classic, throws me back a couple of decades every time I hear him. Reminds me of the Odom and Skip years.

Jefferson ragging on him about so many topics was epic. The Liberty dig was great but i guess Big Red got the last laugh with UCLA's win over UA.

Back