• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Dick Vitale>Bill Walton

I know some West Coast people would disagree, but I’d much rather have Vitale. He doesn’t bother me like he does for some. He’s also a classic, throws me back a couple of decades every time I hear him. Reminds me of the Odom and Skip years.

This west coast person can’t stand listening to Walton either. When I turned on the Maui Classic in November and he was calling the game, I had to turn because I just wasn’t ready to listen to Bill ramble through a game yet.

Dick Vitale>Bill Walton

I know some West Coast people would disagree, but I’d much rather have Vitale. He doesn’t bother me like he does for some. He’s also a classic, throws me back a couple of decades every time I hear him. Reminds me of the Odom and Skip years.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?
The G Man might be my current favorite.

apologies if this is a Haas. But apparently there is a group that wants to hold the NCAA Tourney with no fans in the stands --- so once again Wake Forest is ahead of game, pre-emptively reducing fan exposure at basketball games.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/02/29/coronavirus-national-college-players-association-asks-no-fans-ncaa-tournament/4914636002/

If the public health issue is 3 weeks farther along the timeline we are in the midst of, prudent thought means this could make sense to mitigate further risks. But why is the main issue just the health of the athletes? And not worthy of jokes about our dismal attendance. Folks, they are talking of cancelling the July Olympics!

Nebraska lost to Nortwestern tonight in OT in the battle for the basement of the Big10.

The Cornhuskers shot 8 for 30 (26%) from the FT line. Got to be a record lowest FT % for any team shooting 25 or more FTs in a game.

Last edited:
Nebraska lost to Nortwestern tonight in OT in the battle for the basement of the Big10.

The Cornhuskers shot 8 for 30 (26%) from the FT line. Got to be a record lowest FT % for any team shooting 25 or more FTs in a game.

my dude Fred Hoiberg has had a tough go of it since leaving Ames

GT withdrew appeal and will serve ACCT postseason ban.

That means that WF needs to get to 10th place to avoid play-in Tuesday. With GT out of the mix for seeding, WF is currently in a three way tie for 10th place, but WF loses tie-breakers to both VT and Miami who are also 6-12. So, if WF can win tomorrow or on Saturday against State, and then a little help. If WF wins both of its final two (unlikely), WF would probably move up to the 9 seed, but that is high as WF can get. If WF loses its last two, WF would like fall into a 3 way tie with UNC and Pitt for DFL in the conference.

That means that WF needs to get to 10th place to avoid play-in Tuesday. With GT out of the mix for seeding, WF is currently in a three way tie for 10th place, but WF loses tie-breakers to both VT and Miami who are also 6-12. So, if WF can win tomorrow or on Saturday against State, and then a little help. If WF wins both of its final two (unlikely), WF would probably move up to the 9 seed, but that is high as WF can get. If WF loses its last two, WF would like fall into a 3 way tie with UNC and Pitt for DFL in the conference.

The suspense is killing me!

Duke getting away with a ton of bullshit at home in 2H, but that Stanley dunk was absolutely disgusting

Back