• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

So Unc being 0-2 vs Pitt gets thrown out of tiebreaker?
Actually, disregard what I posted. UNC would the last place team. Instead of seeding all tied teams based on the combined winning %, I accidentally only picked whichever team won the tiebreaker then moved on to reapplying the tiebreaker again versus seeding all teams before using the tiebreaker again. Four way tie would actually go Pitt, Miami, WF, UNC. Essentially WF and Miami would automatically be ahead of UNC due to better W/L %. However, UNC would win a three way tiebreak with Miami & WF - this tiebreak would not occur.

In short, I messed up. UNC or Pitt are almost certainly getting last place in the ACC.

Last edited:
Tiebreakers with games left to play are too complex to sort. Let the games play out through the end of the regular season and see who finishes with what records. But, wow, what a cluster at the bottom.

Looks like VaTech win put Wake into the Tuesday games. Just a matter of opponent. Win/loss vs NCS tate only affects who the opponent is.

Looks like VaTech win put Wake into the Tuesday games. Just a matter of opponent. Win/loss vs NCS tate only affects who the opponent is.
I've found one scenario where WF can avoid Tuesday:
WF wins
BC loses
VT wins
UNC loses
Miami loses

That would give WF the 10th seed. Any other result happens & WF ends up 11th or worse.

Does anyone know how the ACC Tourney bracket is going to work now that GT has given up their appeal and won't play? They're currently on course to be the 8th seed. Is that seed just going to be a bye, or what?

GT has actually had a pretty good season, considering early season expectations.

If you want to be entertained, Walton is on a role tonight. 'the troll under the bridge' referring to Joe Lunardi.

I've found one scenario where WF can avoid Tuesday:
WF wins
BC loses
VT wins
UNC loses
Miami loses

That would give WF the 10th seed. Any other result happens & WF ends up 11th or worse.

If we lose to State, Miami loses to the Cuse and UNC comes back to earth against the Dukies, the 4 way tie at 6-14 for DFL will be epic evidence of the ACC's dismal year. And still The Mannequin can't make progress. Or even take steps.

To no one's surprise, Tony Bennett is still hanging his hat on defense

lourim-VIRGINIA-MBB-0305-1.png

Drake is about to upset 25-5 Northern Iowa in the MO Valley tourney Quarters. N. Iowa is ranked #38 (#36 in the Net Rankings), and while it will be a sweat until March 15, they probably have done enough to get an large bid (in addition to wining the Mo Valley regular season they beat #28 Colorado (on the road)). This also likely means that the bubble shrinks by one.

Last edited:
Drake is about to upset 25-5 Northern Iowa in the MO Valley tourney Quarters. N. Iowa is ranked #38 (#36 in the Net Rankings), and while it will be a sweat until March 15, they probably have done enough to get an large bid (in addition to wining the Mo Valley regular season they beat #28 Colorado (on the road)). This also likely means that the bubble shrinks by one.

They should be in over the likes of Texas, Stanford, Cincinnati, AZ State. Sad they lost by 21 to a team they beat on the road on Saturday by 27.

Nate Oats' 16-14 Alabama team losing 21 - 20 at the half against Missouri.

OK State looks like it might put a dent into Texas' late season run towards the NCAA Tourney. Longhorns down by 15 with 3 minutes left in the first half.

Edit: Deficit is 22 at halftime. Texas fans who bought back in after the late season run have to kicking themselves.

Last edited:
Man, it’s beyond time for Cuse to push Boeheim out.

So, let me get this straight, GT is going to finish 5th in the ACC? But we can only win 6 games?

Enjoyed the UVA game but was wondering why Enoch was pulled at like the 13-14:00 mark and not reinserted until less than 1:00 left. He looked healthy. Even if you're angry at a star, you only sit him for a few minutes to prove a point, not for most of the 2nd half. Strange. But tough to score for both teams against 2 good Ds.

Nice to see Dino appearing to enjoy himself and back in coaching.

Back