• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Way too early look to the 2020 NFL Draft

Elkins used to bet with me when I was Mr. Vegas (actually co-Mr. Vegas) on campus in the late 80s. Put money on Wake a few times too. Freaked me out.

When the FBI raided campus one morning, I was violently ill, believing they were there for me. It took hours to find out they busted some kid in Kitchen for a fake ID racket.

But we tried to exclude football players from betting with us after that. I couldn't believe he was dumb enough to put his own name on the top of his form - we did a pick 'em, where you had to pick 3 games, 5 games, or 10 games over/under the spread...

I remember Mr. Vegas and your partner and the FakeID bust. Guy who got busted received so many work hours from the judge that he went back to court and begged the judge to reduce the number of hours and the judge obliged.

He sort of reminds me of Mike Evans. I know Evans is taller, but he is not a burner, yet catches deep pass after deep pass.

Scotty is basically Mike Evans’ size and Evans is the biggest WR in the NFL right now.

Scotty balances those drops with some ridiculous diving and high point catches.

Both could be top NFL prospects. Obviously we hope Sage stays.

I remember Mr. Vegas and your partner and the FakeID bust. Guy who got busted received so many work hours from the judge that he went back to court and begged the judge to reduce the number of hours and the judge obliged.

Such a white guy thing, amirite?

My partner is out in San Diego now, owns or co-owns a sports bar, or at least he did. Not sure if he still has it.

He has to be running a sports book on the side, right?

Would scouts take into account the drop rate for Newman as well? That yahoo article explicitly mentions drops from the USU game as part of Newman's stat line...

And the article called out Scotty specifically in that vein.

Just can’t fathom if Dortch was still on this receiving corps.

Would be great if we became known as Wide Receiver U.

Looking back, I really wish I would have started a book when I was at Wake. Only problem is I didn't have enough savings to take a big (read $5K+) early hit.

Looking back, I really wish I would have started a book when I was at Wake. Only problem is I didn't have enough savings to take a big (read $5K+) early hit.

It was pretty profitable. There was only one week in two years we lost. We were fairly small time though. I am going to guess the most we took in for a week was $1,500. We also inherited "the business" from an older guy after he graduated, and my partner lived off campus so it behooved him to have a partner on campus.

We DID NOT take single game bets on the spread. I think 3 picks earned $5 for a $1 bet; 5 picks earned $15 (I think). I know 10 games/picks earned $100 and the week we lost somebody put $10 on 10 games and won.

It was pretty profitable. There was only one week in two years we lost. We were fairly small time though. I am going to guess the most we took in for a week was $1,500. We also inherited "the business" from an older guy after he graduated, and my partner lived off campus so it behooved him to have a partner on campus.

We DID NOT take single game bets on the spread. I think 3 picks earned $5 for a $1 bet; 5 picks earned $15 (I think). I know 10 games/picks earned $100 and the week we lost somebody put $10 on 10 games and won.

Checking out the Mr. Vegas forms was a highlight of pre-game tailgates in the late 80s.

The Ringer had a good article today on the 2020 WR class which reassured me that Sage likely won’t be too far up draft boards for next year. Alabama has two first round possibly top 10 receivers alone.

Keep up the stats he has right now and Newman could be in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 NFL draft.

Boogie is going to Buffalo Bills at #26, in 24/7 most recent mock draft. Also the 'ville has an OL going in the 1st as well.

If Boogie and Bassey are both first round picks (as some have reported), the WF defense should be better.

I doubt Bassey is still first round after last Saturday night.

Dane Brugler posted his top 100 NFL Draft Board midafternoon today with Boogie at 44 and Sage at 55. Detailed write-up on top 50.
44. *Carlos Basham, EDGE, Wake Forest (6-5, 278, 4.78)
Similar in ways to L.J. Collier (first round pick of the Seattle Seahawks last season), Basham isn’t a top-tier athlete off the edge. But his heavy hands and ability to force his way through gaps allow him to consistently pressure the pocket.
55. *Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest (6-3, 224, 4.56)
Interesting local player measurables showed up
72. Kyle Dugger, SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (6-1, 218, 4.45)

in The Athletic. Great content pay but worth it. Sage is 9th WR, 9 QBs, no Jamie

Back