• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Why are we voting to censure Schmidt? Because he’s holding closed door testimony or something?

For the same reason that Congress held endless hearings into Obama and Hillary's "betrayal" at BENGHAZI! and endless investigations into Hillary's email "scandal" - it helps the GOP to paint the Democrats as corrupt for election year purposes and riles up their base. As we've seen over the past couple of days with the Hillary email server "scandal", the surprisingly quiet, little-publicized exoneration and "discovery" that it was all much ado about nothing comes much too late to help the Democrats. Schiff has become the GOP's whipping boy for this "fake" impeachment crisis, and so they're going to tar and feather him and smear his reputation in any way they can for their rube base. This is just the latest prong in that battle.

Are the Never Trumpers gonna vote for Warren? Or just someone like Biden? I know my in-laws are the latter.

Are the Never Trumpers gonna vote for Warren? Or just someone like Biden? I know my in-laws are the latter.

Here’s another one. Anyone but Tulsi or Marianne Williams.

Why this Never Trump ex-Republican will vote for almost any 2020 Democratic nominee

I'm good with anyone who is mentally stable and in no way sympathetic or beholden to a hostile foreign power. That's it. Policy just doesn't matter.
TOM NICHOLS | OPINION COLUMNIST | 1:00 pm EDT August 15, 2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2013614001

Those aren’t never Trump Republicans. Those are unaffiliated voters or New Democrats.

Ditto.

I do not get the overt animosity towards never trump republicans. Sure I get there are a few like Erik Erickson and Lindsey Graham who ended up carrying water for Trump but they weren’t real never trumpers to begin with. All of the never trump republicans I know personally and follow in the political world have left the GOP, voted for HRC in 16, voted straight D in 18 and never plan to vote for another republican for a long time if ever. Seems like Democrats would want the 1-3% of the country that falls in this bucket but :noidea:

This is me. I will vote for whoever the Dem nominee is.

Do you still consider yourself a Republican?

My never Trumper Pub friends still consider themselves Pubs, yes. They're all fiscal conservative establishment types. Outside of my family, I know more Pubs who voted for Clinton than Trump. Though I'm probably in the minority there because Cville ain't exactly Trump country.

And sorry about the rain comment. I wasn't being serious - just a shot at Trump voters not wanting to come out in bad weather. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well.

I've definitely heard from multiple people who still identify as Republicans, but voted for Hillary that they don't want to vote for Trump, don't want to vote 3rd party, but not sure if they can vote for someone too far to the left. Basically, Biden or bust.

I've definitely heard from multiple people who still identify as Republicans, but voted for Hillary that they don't want to vote for Trump, don't want to vote 3rd party, but not sure if they can vote for someone too far to the left. Basically, Biden or bust.

The Republicans I know who claim that they didn't vote for Trump but still basically really, really, want to be conservative and Republican only seem like they can stomach Biden and that if Biden sputters out, they're not sure who is left for them.

These people, like basically the entire Republican contingent at at this point, are extremely low-information voters.

Seriously. Extremely low information. Think even a bit critically. It’s not like you’ll wake up in Venezuela tomorrow if Warren is elected, particularly if GOP holds the senate.

The Republicans I know who claim that they didn't vote for Trump but still basically really, really, want to be conservative and Republican only seem like they can stomach Biden and that if Biden sputters out, they're not sure who is left for them.

These people, like basically the entire Republican contingent at at this point, are extremely low-information voters.

these are the same people (various in-laws) who basically believe that Trump isn't really what the Republican party is and if we just had someone in office like JEB! or Kasich we'd be fine. Once Trump is voted out we'll be back to "normal." jhmd was the same way #trumpnottheleaderoftherepublicanparty

My never Trumper Pub friends still consider themselves Pubs, yes. They're all fiscal conservative establishment types. Outside of my family, I know more Pubs who voted for Clinton than Trump. Though I'm probably in the minority there because Cville ain't exactly Trump country.

And sorry about the rain comment. I wasn't being serious - just a shot at Trump voters not wanting to come out in bad weather. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well.

I don’t understand what “fiscally conservative” even means anymore. It seems just like a buzzword for white people to reject all the reasons why they shouldn’t be a conservative anymore because the movement (as much as there ever was one) has been bastardized and hijacked by evangelicals and Trumpites. The GOP in power is one of the least fiscally conservative governments we have ever seen, they just spend the money on things that are more palatable to so-called conservatives (i.e, not on “handouts” and “welfare” but on big guns and planes rawr).

Fiscal conservativism is just as much a sham as the rest of conservativism.

i always took it to mean, in earnest, "paying taxes sucks and I just wish the government would spend its money more efficiently"

Good post. Fiscal conservative just means tax cuts for the rich and making poor people suffer while the debt skyrockets then blaming democrats for the debt.

Good post. Fiscal conservative just means tax cuts for the rich and making poor people suffer while the debt skyrockets then blaming democrats for the debt.

i know when i used to say 'fiscally conservative' that's not at all what I believed or desired.

Back