• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Yeah pretty much if you voted for trump the first time you might get a pass depending on the reason, like you just were completely lost and dumb. If you plan on voting for trump a second time there is no excuse and you should be completely written off from society.

Maybe I missed it when traveling, but have they interviewed Bill Taylor yet? He's the guy who said in a text that holding up the funds was being done for a political campaign. Seems like they'd want to know how he reached that conclusion.

Update - looks like he's coming in tomorrow.

OCT. 22CLOSED-DOOR DEPOSITION
State Department official to be deposed

Chairmen of the House Oversight, Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees requested that William “Bill” Taylor appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 22.

In text messages provided to impeachment investigators by Kurt Volker, Taylor expressed a belief that U.S. defense aid and a meeting at the White House between Trump and Zelensky were conditioned on Ukraine’s agreeing to launch investigations that could benefit Trump politically.

EXPECTED TO APPEAR
Taylor is expected to appear, despite White House counsel Pat Cipollone's Oct. 8 letter to House leaders saying the administration would not cooperate with requests.

Link

meh fuck the Trump base, fuck appeasing them and never-Trump republicans. Run on what you believe is right, run a clean campaign and do your best to get max voter turn-out, and win if you win and lose if you lose. :noidea: I'd rather push for the right thing for the country and lose again to these morons than bend too far for them just to win and get no real change like under Obama. fuck it

Save us Stacy Abrams. You're our only hope. (Fighting voter suppression)

WE democrats don't want anything to do with never Trump pubs. I don't know what you want to do.

Most of my never Trumper Pub friends voted for Clinton. Why do we not want them to vote for the Dem nominee? We want and very badly need to win this election. Why do you not want to get every possible vote against Trump?

I realized that before I posted it, but I don't think it would really matter in the upcoming election cycle if Trump is the central focus of the march/protest, counterprotestors are going to turn out. I'll be surprsed if we make it through election day and the inauguration without something more than token violence.

TITCR. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to violent marches given where I live. But there were skirmishes between Bernie Bros and Trump supporters at some of his rallies in 2016, and there was some threatened violence in the 2016 Dem primary. The women's march in 2016 didn't have many, if any, counter protesters in 2017, maybe because it was cold and rainy. However, these days, you need to expect there to be counter protesters and properly prepare for such an event so that nothing gets out of hand.

TITCR. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to violent marches given where I live. But there were skirmishes between Bernie Bros and Trump supporters at some of his rallies in 2016, and there was some threatened violence in the 2016 Dem primary. The women's march in 2016 didn't have many, if any, counter protesters in 2017, maybe because it was cold and rainy. However, these days, you need to expect there to be counter protesters and properly prepare for such an event so that nothing gets out of hand.

There were Women’s Marches all over the country, cville.

The world actually. But it rained at that one so there was no violence.

Why are we voting to censure Schmidt? Because he’s holding closed door testimony or something?

Why are we voting to censure Schmidt? Because he’s holding closed door testimony or something?

He paraphrased the call with the pres of Ukraine rather than reading the transcript. Which is basically treason*, apparently.

*when a Dem does it

Most of my never Trumper Pub friends voted for Clinton. Why do we not want them to vote for the Dem nominee? We want and very badly need to win this election. Why do you not want to get every possible vote against Trump?

Ditto.

I do not get the overt animosity towards never trump republicans. Sure I get there are a few like Erik Erickson and Lindsey Graham who ended up carrying water for Trump but they weren’t real never trumpers to begin with. All of the never trump republicans I know personally and follow in the political world have left the GOP, voted for HRC in 16, voted straight D in 18 and never plan to vote for another republican for a long time if ever. Seems like Democrats would want the 1-3% of the country that falls in this bucket but :noidea:

Back