• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like stone-cold liar Fauci is wrong agan... trump should fire right away and get an honest expert in the room, we need to be taking this virus seriously and the Fauci Show isn't cutting it

'Fibbin Fauci

I certainly hope that Florida never approaches NY's deaths, whether in raw numbers or as a percentage of population. I expect they will not, because we now understand how to treat the virus better and because the average age of infected Floridians is much younger. But it is curious to me that 4,241 largely avoidable deaths is seen a victory. FL had every chance to head this off and chose not to, solely because of bad national leadership and bad state leadership eager to follow the example of the bad national leader. An entire continent of nations that don't even speak a common language or share a common health or financial system figured this out and headed it off and is now back to living a largely normal existence. Our theoretically united country with the theoretically best health care system in the world completely failed to do this. Trump defenders will try to come up with all kinds of rationalizations and deflections about why this is so, but it comes down to a complete failure of national political leadership.

Q-anon propaganda is precisely why the NYT needs to carefully vet everything they publish; if this story turns out to be false or embellished, it tarnishes NYT

I wasn't shitting on you. I think everyone needs to be skeptical of all news articles and online info these days, to at least some extent depending on the outlet. I was just lamenting that few people question the veracity of information unless it conflicts with their preconceived ideas.

I certainly hope that Florida never approaches NY's deaths, whether in raw numbers or as a percentage of population. I expect they will not, because we now understand how to treat the virus better and because the average age of infected Floridians is much younger. But it is curious to me that 4,241 largely avoidable deaths is seen a victory. FL had every chance to head this off and chose not to, solely because of bad national leadership and bad state leadership eager to follow the example of the bad national leader. An entire continent of nations that don't even speak a common language or share a common health or financial system figured this out and headed it off and is now back to living a largely normal existence. Our theoretically united country with the theoretically best health care system in the world completely failed to do this. Trump defenders will try to come up with all kinds of rationalizations and deflections about why this is so, but it comes down to a complete failure of national political leadership.

Well said. Mind if I quote this and post it on Facebook? One of our local GOP state reps posted the FL and NY deaths on his page.

My parents just decided they'd rather hop on a plane and shelter in place up North vs. remain in Florida. They're 83 and 82 years old. Think about that.

There was an article the other day suggesting transmissions on planes aren't all that common.

Well said. Mind if I quote this and post it on Facebook? One of our local GOP state reps posted the FL and NY deaths on his page.

sure, edit as you see fit and don't give me any credit... don't want my name on the Facebook page of a Florida Pub state rep

^^ certainly praying that is the case. they've been up North for 3 days now.

My parents chartered their own plane and fled from FL to NY they were so freaked out. They had a big 75th birthday trip to Europe planned for my mom in June that was cancelled and fully refunded so they used the money to hire a private jet for a day. As a Bernie Bro, I'm embarrassed at the expense, but as a son I am really glad they got out of the Ft/ Lauderdale area safely.

Ph, are you seeing a lot of NY and NJ license plates in FL ? Lots of them down at the beach in SC.

I'm not seeing license plates at all. I'm staying in my home.

In the last 72 hours -

FL 37K cases
CA & TX - More than 20K cases each
GA - 10K cases
AZ - More than 9K cases

72 hours - about 100K cases in 5 states.

We went from 2M to 3M in two weeks and should get from 3M to 4M in 7-9 days.

On a related note, we had socially distanced football practice today where everyone had to stay 5 yards apart and no one could touch a football or a weight for a season which has next to zero chance of happening. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back