• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Today’s takeaway: The ACC is a flaming pile of garbage, outside of Clemson and (maybe) Miami.

Jury on VT and UNC probably still out, though.

Big XII also blows.

Clemson and a bunch of pretenders. Some real crap in the bottom half.

Apparently Miami is for real and really good or FSU is absolutely horrendous. I guess somewhere it's in the middle. But my how FSU has been gutted.

Unless our D makes giant steps we are headed to the basement of the ACC. Duke will win a few games, maybe even outside shot at 6 (us, GT, Syr, UNCC, FSU, NCSU). GT looks like a more likely contender for last place, but they already have 1 win up on us. Is our D better than it appears so far? Need to see a romp vs Campbell, give up no more than 10 points, for me to feel they've improved.

The 2020 College Football Thread: Football has a Bold New Flavor !!!!!!!!

Unless our D makes giant steps we are headed to the basement of the ACC. Duke will win a few games, maybe even outside shot at 6 (us, GT, Syr, UNCC, FSU, NCSU). GT looks like a more likely contender for last place, but they already have 1 win up on us. Is our D better than it appears so far? Need to see a romp vs Campbell, give up no more than 10 points, for me to feel they've improved.

We are better than Duke all around. Will we win, idk. But we’re much better. Sucks we aren’t playing FSU Georgia Tech or BC. It’s a really tough schedule. Wish we could’ve played State later in the year, because that’s one we should’ve won if our defense was in better order.

we suck duke sucks.

no way in hell they win 6 games starting 0-3 and staring down VT and UNC. They lost by 20 at home to a BC team that squeezed out a win over Texas State.

What is this lol?

Duke is a dumpster fire. Averaging damn near 5 turnovers a game and were beaten soundly against a crap BC and crap UVA team. I don’t think they can beat Charlotte at this point. And for our defense against Campbell... even if we shut them out it won’t change my view on the defense. We made the entire state offense look they belonged on a heisman ballots. The same state team that got bludgeoned by VT’s Junior Varsity team. If we show some semblance of competence vs uva then I’ll have hope.

I still don't understand how the hell Texas Tech lost that game to Texas.

Thinking the same thing. It’s the old playing not to lose which gets you a loss. On the Texas last TD march Tech continued to rush only three which gave the Texas qb all the time in the world to find an open receiver which they did (including the two point conversion). Tech deserved to lose IMO. I can only imagine the Tech boards and what they have to say about their wimpy end game coaching. Don’t even know who their coach is but this is going to haunt him if Tech doesn’t turn their season around.

What is this lol?

Duke is a dumpster fire. Averaging damn near 5 turnovers a game and were beaten soundly against a crap BC and crap UVA team. I don’t think they can beat Charlotte at this point. And for our defense against Campbell... even if we shut them out it won’t change my view on the defense. We made the entire state offense look they belonged on a heisman ballots. The same state team that got bludgeoned by VT’s Junior Varsity team. If we show some semblance of competence vs uva then I’ll have hope.

Points of post:
1. Unless major improvement, D is the worst its been under Clawson (and his overall D and special teams have been beliw average)
2. We are currently in a battle for the basement. Other candidates are Duke and GT.
3. GT has a win. Duke's schedule looks like a win or more, ours not so much.
4. Duke will likely win more ACC games than us. 6? Probably 10% chance. 2-3? 50%. Both better odds than I'd give us right now. You'd probably say Duke was a "dumpster fire" last season. They still won 5 games and had wins over VT and Miami. (They almost beat us with not 1, but 2 returns for TDs!)
5. We SHOULD clobber Campbell...but we tend to play to the competition. Even the Elons and Delawares score on us. I'd say D improved if we win 51-10 and if the 10 we give up is because subs are playing.

Points of post:
1. Unless major improvement, D is the worst its been under Clawson (and his overall D and special teams have been beliw average)
2. We are currently in a battle for the basement. Other candidates are Duke and GT.
3. GT has a win. Duke's schedule looks like a win or more, ours not so much.
4. Duke will likely win more ACC games than us. 6? Probably 10% chance. 2-3? 50%. Both better odds than I'd give us right now. You'd probably say Duke was a "dumpster fire" last season. They still won 5 games and had wins over VT and Miami. (They almost beat us with not 1, but 2 returns for TDs!)
5. We SHOULD clobber Campbell...but we tend to play to the competition. Even the Elons and Delawares score on us. I'd say D improved if we win 51-10 and if the 10 we give up is because subs are playing.

Last time we played Elon we won 49-7

We haven’t played Delaware since 2016, and in that game they scored 21 points but only had a total of 94 yards, so basically just some short fields they got lucky on.

Stetson Bennett coming in for Dwan Mathis and leading the Dawgs to victory kind reminds me of Jake Delhomme coming in for Rodney Peete and leading the Panthers to victory, and the Super Bowl in 2003.

Never really understood how Clawson’s recruiting for and fielding defenses has underperformed the other side of the ball for him. He’s got to change this and fast or he will be nearing Grobe status in no time. WF check writers have ponied up with top level giving and actual top level facilities to show for it. They will eventually get restless as they did with Grobe. It is not the 1990s anymore.

Newman is better than every QB I've seen play this year. And I've watched about every college game.

The 2020 College Football Thread: Football has a Bold New Flavor !!!!!!!!

Never really understood how Clawson’s recruiting for and fielding defenses has underperformed the other side of the ball for him. He’s got to change this and fast or he will be nearing Grobe status in no time. WF check writers have ponied up with top level giving and actual top level facilities to show for it. They will eventually get restless as they did with Grobe. It is not the 1990s anymore.

Pretty sure we have way more defensive guys on NFL rosters than offensive and a projected first round defensive end.

Newman is better than every QB I've seen play this year. And I've watched about every college game.

KJ Costello looked good yesterday. I can't see Newman having that kind of production. Was some of it system related? Sure. And having Hill to dump off to helps as well. Still ...

Back