• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Yeah what? Why would he come back to an 0-2 team that has already played two primetime games he could have used as showcase games?

Don't see Sage returning, but:

To state the obvious, whether a game is played on national TV is no factor for NFL scouts when evaluating college talent. So, if Sage wants to improve his draft stock, the fact that WF played in "primetime" twice, and may not again, is less zero on a 1 to 10 rating scale. Guessing that the WF 0-2 start isn't super-helpful, but fans often overrate a team's record in a player's motivation to play. If Sage returns, would guess that his motivation would be to get back on the NFL radar and that he misses the camaraderie and hanging with his boys and not how many remaining games would be played during primetime.

I assure you if he torched Clemson on the primetime ABC game, that would have helped his draft stock a lot more than having a big day vs. Duke at 12:30 on Raycom or Fox Sports Carolinas. The primetime comment was as much about the opponents than the visibility. Of course scouts are going to dig deep to find whatever footage they need.

Aside from the Biff video above, it feels like zero hype for the SEC firing it up tomorrow. I haven't heard a single neighbor mention anything about UGA playing tomorrow, and I'm surrounded by UGA fans.

To be honest, the first few weeks of the college football season have been a big "meh" in terms of people giving a shit. Obviously due in part to the limited number of participants up until now, but has still struck me as odd given the NFL feels pretty normal in terms of fan enthusiasm.

Maybe it changes tomorrow if/when we get an abnormal result or a particularly good game.

CluelessEssentialFruitbat-size_restricted.gif

My elderly neighbor is a huge UGA fan but is unsure about this season because she can't go to the bar and chain smoke cigarettes surrounded by other fans.

That's such a stupid schtick for you, it only works with Locomotivebreath's involvement.

Mountain West and MAC have both announced they'll be playing in late October - 8 games for the MWC, 6 games for the MAC. That means all FBS conferences will now be playing this fall.

Campbell up 13-7 on App late in the 2nd half. Don’t expect a cake walk next week.

Ess Eee Sea playing finally. According to some, real college football.

The 2020 College Football Thread: Football has a Bold New Flavor !!!!!!!!

Florida kicker just nailed a 55 yarder.

Ton of scoring in this game. 38-21 early in the 3rd.

UGA QB is terrible so far I can't believe Jamie couldn't beat him out if true.

Back