• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at the Bennigan’s by campus in Winston when I was at Wake and it was under new management after the prior manager was arrested for selling drugs out of the kitchen.

I worked at Bennigans as well, I believe Summer of 2012. Was at Daryls before that.

Check out Asian markets if there’s one near you. They’re confusing as hell but if you know what you’re looking for you can get some good pantry staples for cheap that should last you half a year.

There are a ton of Indian places around here and a few are right beside Indian markets.

I may have posted this at some point before, but it is total horseshit that the good guys in Harry Potter can only use disarming/stunning spells while the bad guys can kill, torture, maim, etc. Would be like if the Allies could have only used rubber bullets against the Nazis. Dumb.

in addition to all sorts of deception/illusion spells. the good guys are total punks

Seems pretty true to life. See Democrats vs Republicans. Wake basketball vs Duke and UNC basketball. Wellman would fit in at Hogwarts.

Good Morning!

tenor.gif

I may have posted this at some point before, but it is total horseshit that the good guys in Harry Potter can only use disarming/stunning spells while the bad guys can kill, torture, maim, etc. Would be like if the Allies could have only used rubber bullets against the Nazis. Dumb.

also, if harry had just trusted dumbledore in the first book/movie, voldemort would have spent the next seven years trying to figure out how to get the sorcerers stone. Instead, he went to "save the day" and ended up screwing up the whole world.

also, if harry had just trusted dumbledore in the first book/movie, voldemort would have spent the next seven years trying to figure out how to get the sorcerers stone. Instead, he went to "save the day" and ended up screwing up the whole world.

The way Sirius gets killed is total garbage too. He and Harry are schooling Malfoy and the other bad dudes, and all of a sudden just gets sniped with the death curse while not looking from the crazy chick off to the side.

I didn't read the books. When do you get the skills to not have to say the spell when casting it?

I have 1 student that's not virtual in my B day 2nd period. He finished the entire day's work in about 20 minutes. Now we're just sitting here awkwardly staring at each other.

was alarmed this morning to see I had very red poop but then remembered I ate a lot of watermelon yesterday. according to Google, I'm good.

was alarmed this morning to see I had very red poop but then remembered I ate a lot of watermelon yesterday. according to Google, I'm good.

This happened not too long ago after carrot noodles with roasted red peppers/onions and arrabiata sauce. Had about 90 seconds of panic and deciding if I should go to the ER before remembering what I ate.

What a night! Mother allowed me to attend the greatest night of my life! Trump was as truthful, charismatic and patriotic as ever! In so proud of our city and country. GOD BLESS THE USA!

This happened not too long ago after carrot noodles with roasted red peppers/onions and arrabiata sauce. Had about 90 seconds of panic and deciding if I should go to the ER before remembering what I ate.

Pepto-shits always convince me that I have bowel cancer.

I've only watched about 20 mins of a Harry Potter movie, not sure which one because its when I was a camp counselor in HS and I walked in late, and I have never read the books. My wife is a HUGE nerd though like y'all though and loved them growing up. I told her I'd get into them whenever she forced our kid to start reading them.

But if I'm being honest wizard stuff sounds dumb.

The Boards are broken again so I can't quote anything today but...

@Mako - why did you only assign 20 mins of stuff? Gotta hammer these kids, especially from home. I have 4-5 activities built in every day for my HS students. We generally do half of it together (warm up/bell ringer, quick direct teach, modeling asynch assignment) or an activity in Zoom breakout room small groups, then I give them another 20-30 minute activity asynchronously with about 40 mins left in class.

Idle hands bro

Also I've really going to miss being able to release my kids to work independently for the second half of class - wish I could do that in the school building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back