• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

He dropped it on Twitter at 1:00 but not sure when he had his mind made up. He had a Zoom with Forbes last night at 7:30. He also had a Zoom with Michigan last night, who made the list. I assume we barely missed the cut.

Better than the previous guy getting that awkward 6th place b/c he begged the kid to be included.

Better than the previous guy getting that awkward 6th place b/c he begged the kid to be included.

Yeah. You gotta wonder how many parents Danny coerced by using his playing career accolades to have their son include us. Dad wanted to spend the weekend with a guy he watched win a natty back in the day, but made sure their son made the choice to play elsewhere.

LSU made the list; so, that tells you what was needed to make the top 5.

Sounds like he is going to play at Yale this season and then transfer after the season.

Because that’s a thing now. So major conference teams aren’t going to lose anybody due to eligibility and there are going to be all-conference four year players looking to play a fifth year at a big time program.

Good luck to coaches trying to figure all that out.

Because that’s a thing now. So major conference teams aren’t going to lose anybody due to eligibility and there are going to be all-conference four year players looking to play a fifth year at a big time program.

Good luck to coaches trying to figure all that out.

Also, the Ivy League has a rule that players cannot play as grad students. So it sounds like this guy (and some others I am sure) will graduate after this free eligibility season, have a season of eligibility left, but not be able to play in the Ivy League next season.

Also, the Ivy League has a rule that players cannot play as grad students. So it sounds like this guy (and some others I am sure) will graduate after this free eligibility season, have a season of eligibility left, but not be able to play in the Ivy League next season.

I wonder if the Ivies institute a one year change to that rule for next season because of the NCAA rule not counting this season as a year of eligibility.

If they don't, that should put several pretty good, but not quite NBA talent players in the portal. At least some (maybe most?) could be looking for a free year of grad school at a high level academic institution. Experienced players who are good can be useful.

It will be interesting to see how the NCAA handles scholarship limits for the 2021- 2022 season. If there is no limit increase, I can see a much busier transfer portal, especially for grad transfers, as schools push out graduates who have a year of eligibility remaining in favor of incoming freshmen.

There could also be fall 2021 freshmen pushed to lower level schools, if schools opt to keep experienced 5th year guys and recruit for fall 22 freshmen.

I think the last paragraph is most likely. You won’t be seeing ACC schools scramble for top 300 guys. But the ones that show promise will transfer up anyway.

Highly likely that Yale is about to cancel ALL Winter sports. Kid says he intends to graduate in the Spring from Yale. So he will be a Grad Transfer for the 2021-22 season.

I agree with PhDeac. The portal has to be Plan B for a lot of coaches who are struggling with Class of 2021 recruiting. It may even convert to Plan A for some in the not too distant future. Moving on to 2022 seems logical.

I think the last paragraph is most likely. Now that Danny is gone you won’t be seeing ACC schools scramble for top 300 guys. But the ones that show promise will transfer up anyway.

FIFY

Back