• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your math is perfect and the logic is solid.

However, there are real risk implications related to the more-than-20-years of mortgage-free living. When you have a rental with a mortgage, you have a 100% burn commitment for that income stream. If you don't have income coming in, you've still got to pay it. A smart investor keeps an emergency fund to handle any potential dips - and some people like the feeling of knowing they have to stay hungry to keep the place filled. However, it's a risk. Is it worth the $1,000,000 difference? It's probably heavily dependent on the rest of the financial situation.

My opinion is that you're absolutely right, but the scenario merits consideration of the investor's individual capacity for risk tolerance.

The other question is whether you are going to have the discipline to invest all that extra money instead of just spending it. It is arguably easier to make yourself pay it toward a known debt than it is to invest it... It is all about what works best for you, after all.

4ul8it.jpg

I'm no CrossFit rival, but I have been stepping up my training for this. Thinking of putting this on a t-shirt, but my wife would probably be too embarrassed to stick with us.

Anyone else want to join? April 24th - 10am start

So I've got a Super Bowl winner head shave bet against a seventh grader. The only team I have left is the Chiefs. I'm feeling pretty confident.

4ul8it.jpg

I'm no CrossFit rival, but I have been stepping up my training for this. Thinking of putting this on a t-shirt, but my wife would probably be too embarrassed to stick with us.

Anyone else want to join? April 24th - 10am start

Omg. I will totally rock that shit.

Serious question. Can we invite DG3?

So I've got a Super Bowl winner head shave bet against a seventh grader. The only team I have left is the Chiefs. I'm feeling pretty confident.

I like to watch old episodes of Beachfront Bargain Hunt and pretend every dad is Biff.

Beachfront dad Biff is definitely the guy that gets super excited when an ensuite bathroom has a soaker tub.

This is what I look like (pre-COVID, minus the mask) when I used to have to hurry from work to my daughter's early-season lacrosse games.

I get it. It's cold, you were second place to the guy in your primary, you have to go pick up dry cleaning and run some errands for Jane after this, you're gonna wear something comfortable to the inauguration.

I’ve been rolling on the hot toddy train hard lately. Got some Old forester 1920 115, and it slaps.

Fucking high living for a Beam and Coke guy.

Knocked back a nice Barolo with the wife to toast the new President.

Also went to the gym for the first time since March and I’m already sore.

I get it. It's cold, you were second place to the guy in your primary, you have to go pick up dry cleaning and run some errands for Jane after this, you're gonna wear something comfortable to the inauguration.

The man only owns one jacket. He is not going to buy a fancy jacket just to wear to the inauguration, when he has a perfectly fine jacket in the closet.

You guys doing the 10 or the 3?

We're going all out, bro. Doing the full.

I'm also running a Spartan Beast in Fayetteville and West Virginia later in the year if anyone has any interest in that as well. I hit 40 this year, and I have to overcompensate somehow for my imminent decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back