• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Haha. Nah. But by far the best you’ve seen this year. And your O is By far the best we’ve seen. It feels like about a touchdown difference in the dome.

I think FSU's line is comparable. I mean you guys did give up 33 to the vaunted FSU offense. Your secondary and lb's are pretty much all underclassmen as well as your OLine and a big portion of your skill players.

I would go back some years and add Norm Snead as probably the best QB Wake ever produced. Second pick in the 1961 NFL draft.

Second team all ACC as a soph. First team all-ACC as Jr. and Sr. Second team All American as a senior.

He held 15 Conference single game, season and career passing records.

123/259, 1675 yards, 10 TDs. Second in the nation. Fourth in the Nation in total offense as a Sr. 5th as a Jr.

This was in an era when teams played slow and didn't throw a lot. Wake Hall of Fame 1977. Virginia Sports Hall of Fame 1984. From and now lives in Tidewater area of VA.

15 year NFL career. 4 pro bowls. Over 30,000 career passing yards, 196 TDs

Snead also played a lot of his career on his flat on back, pro and college. He is my numero uno.

I would go back some years and add Norm Snead as probably the best QB Wake ever produced. Second pick in the 1961 NFL draft.

Second team all ACC as a soph. First team all-ACC as Jr. and Sr. Second team All American as a senior.

123/259, 1675 yards, 10 TDs. Second in the nation. Fourth in the Nation in total offense as a Sr. 5th as a Jr.

This was in an era when teams played slow and didn't throw a lot. Wake Hall of Fame 1977. Virginia Sports Hall of Fame 1984. From and now lives in Tidewater area of VA.

That Karl Sweetan tho'

Do you happen to know how is health is? I don’t believe Snead has ever opened the gate, which seems a huge oversight. Unless of course he has chosen not to.

Coby Davis and Terrance Davis are done for the year... Greer should be back after Cuse.

This looks like a video game

LOL at those haters. So I’m not supposed to think that’s cool?

I read that tweet as that they thought it was cool

maybe some context I'm missing

Did you read the responses to the tweet?

It’s also from AWFUL announcing and the tweet uses hype in a derogatory way.

Live sports production has been looking like video games for years. They keep adding new camera angles and graphics that were only in videos games before.

Last edited:
Awful Announcing is basically a news and commentary site about sports media, not just critiquing awful announcing

That wasn't a broadcast camera, also. It was one of the wake video staff who films and puts out the hype videos.

The quality of that footage is amazing. I mentioned this elsewhere but our social media presence is vastly improved in part because of stuff like this.

Bowl Projections - Week 6

Action - Holiday vs. Stanford
College Football News - Pinstripe vs. Rutgers
Yahoo - Pinstripe vs. Rutgers
USA Today - Duke’s Mayo vs. Arkansas
CBS Sports - Gator vs. Ole Miss
Sporting News - Peach vs. Notre Dame
247 - Peach vs. Iowa
The Athletic - Peach vs. Ohio State
Bleacher Report - Fiesta vs. BYU

BR was the only one with a real write-up:

To be clear, I don't (yet, at least) believe that Wake Forest is one of the 12 best teams in the country. However, someone from the ACC has to play in a New Year's Six bowl, and the Demon Deacons make as much sense as any other option at the moment.
That said, Wake Forest has been impressive on offense, scoring at least 35 points in each of its five wins. But we'll see how that lackluster defense (more than 500 total yards allowed in back-to-back games) holds up against a schedule in which all seven remaining opponents have winning records.

I looked up Total Defense and Scoring Defense to calculate how many yards and plays it takes teams to score 7 points against our defense.

Wake is 8th in yards per 7 points at 149.9 yards.

Opposing offenses move 149.9 yards to score 7 points, 8th in the nation behind UGA, Penn State, A&M, Clemson, Iowa, Michigan, and Va Tech. UGA is a massive outlier at 274.8 yards per 7 points.

Opposing offenses need 27.2 plays to score 7 points, 17th in the nation.

Neat stat, Ph. Just out of curiosity, where does Alabama rank?

Alabama is 52nd in yards per 7 points at 111.2 and 40th in plays per 7 points at 23.6.

Alabama and Wake both allow 18.2 ppg, but Alabama allows 289 yards compared to 389.8 for Wake.

For the record, Wake's offense is pretty damn efficient and putting points on the board at 81 yards per 7 points (17th). The leader is Iowa at 68.5 yards per 7 points. Wake's offense is lower on plays at 13.7 plays per 7 points (33rd). I think tha'ts due to not trying to move the ball much in garbage time.

Did you read the responses to the tweet?

It’s also from AWFUL announcing and the tweet uses hype in a derogatory way.

Live sports production has been looking like video games for years. They keep adding new camera angles and graphics that were only in videos games before.

I think the tweet is saying it looks cool... which it does.

It's more about the cinematography of the shot though. It looks choreographed. Great work by whoever is behind the camera. The angle, the timing on the fireworks, the fist pump and turn with his name centered, the jump with Roberson.

CBS sports retweeted it and said it was about the coolest thing ever

I feel the same way about these videos as I do about crazy ass uniforms, turnover chains, etc. If it's good for crootin' then it's good by me.

With that said, I really like the content our sports media folks are putting out.

Back