• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Dunno where else to post this, but I wish Wake would partner with Homefield Apparel. They put out some really cool vintage stuff. I feel like we have tons of vintage Deacon stuff they could use. I have a cool shirt from Camel City Goods, but Homefield offers a lot more.

Dunno where else to post this, but I wish Wake would partner with Homefield Apparel. They put out some really cool vintage stuff. I feel like we have tons of vintage Deacon stuff they could use. I have a cool shirt from Camel City Goods, but Homefield offers a lot more.

I've been tweeting at Homefield about this for like a year. At this point, seems like the ball is completely in Wake Licensing's court. Which is super frustrating considering the crap designs they push through the @DeaconStyle account on Twitter.

I've been tweeting at Homefield about this for like a year. At this point, seems like the ball is completely in Wake Licensing's court. Which is super frustrating considering the crap designs they push through the @DeaconStyle account on Twitter.

Yeah I tweeted at Homefield like a year ago and they tweeted back the eyeballs emoji, which was intriguing, but unless it's a slow roll-out, then nothing has actually come of it. I would imagine they work with a school's archivist or something to get vintage images, drawings, etc.

Yeah I tweeted at Homefield like a year ago and they tweeted back the eyeballs emoji, which was intriguing, but unless it's a slow roll-out, then nothing has actually come of it. I would imagine they work with a school's archivist or something to get vintage images, drawings, etc.

I'd be happy with some more cheap stuff. Visited the Deacon Shop on campus with my fam a few weeks ago and my god, shit's expensive. There was a damned t-shirt from some brand I'd never heard of with a fish for $50. I like the League stuff most (very comfortable and simple) but it's $$ as well.

I would really like to buy a custom football jersey. Any suggestions?

Wake also needs more soft tees, seems most of the ones in the Deacon Shop are the old school ones.

You can see the cameraman on the TV replay.

It’s easier to get that shot on a long TD pass.

Defenses should start keying on the Wake camera guys since they always seem to be in the right spots.

Genius

This is going to be the new Wakeyleaks

Someone PM cusejuice and tell him the camera man is Morin’s dad and he knows when his son is going to run deep routes.

Good profile of Warren Ruggiero. The big takeaway is that he doesn't want to be a head coach.
https://247sports.com/Article/Wake-Forest-offense-Warren-Ruggiero-Sam-Hartman-172618913/

Ruggiero has called plays on the Division III, Division II, I-AA and FBS levels, including at Group of Five and Power Five schools. He served as a head coach at Glenville State, a Division II school, where he led the school to their first and only playoff appearance. His offenses have ranked in the top 15 nationally at every stop in a career spanning more than 30 years. His longevity in the sport is impressive, but the consistency is eye opening.
Still, you never hear his name come up for big job openings across the country. One reason is he has no desire to be a head coach. He looks back at his two years leading Glenville State fondly, but it’s there he also realized his strengths and weaknesses. He wasn’t built to be a head coach and spending most of his time managing a program rather than coaching players, and so he set a new career goal: become an offensive coordinator in a power conference. Clawson has helped him realize that dream in 13 years together.
“I’ve worked for a lot of people in my time as an assistant coach that have made me miserable. I’ve had some bad experiences,” Ruggiero said. “So, when you work for someone that you have a great relationship with, you trust and is committed to excellence …”
Ruggiero pauses.
“You know, I’ve got a great job.”

Back