• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Alabama is 52nd in yards per 7 points at 111.2 and 40th in plays per 7 points at 23.6.

Alabama and Wake both allow 18.2 ppg, but Alabama allows 289 yards compared to 389.8 for Wake.

For the record, Wake's offense is pretty damn efficient and putting points on the board at 81 yards per 7 points (17th). The leader is Iowa at 68.5 yards per 7 points. Wake's offense is lower on plays at 13.7 plays per 7 points (33rd). I think tha'ts due to not trying to move the ball much in garbage time.
Iowa with 16 turnovers has given lots of short fields.

Thoughts on where we're ranked this week? I'm sure BYU, Auburn drop below us, maybe Arkansas too. That would put us at #16.

Thoughts on where we're ranked this week? I'm sure BYU, Auburn drop below us, maybe Arkansas too. That would put us at #16.

The question is when do we have a cushion if we were to lose. Theoretically we should move up next weekend too.

The question is when do we have a cushion if we were to lose. Theoretically we should move up next weekend too.

Yeah. We could move up next weekend theoretically. Doesn't look like there are many upsets ahead of us though. There are several byes. Obviously TCU could beat Oklahoma. Texas could beat OK St. That's about it. Root hard for UCF vs. Cincinnati.

I think we'll get a cushion at 8-0 for two reasons. First, the first loss wouldn't be to Army or Duke. Second, there would be enough 2 loss teams in the Top 25 that we wouldn't drop below them.

Deacs are one of 12 teams that remain undefeated, 8 in P5 and 4 in G5. With three undefeated Top Ten teams losing (Alabama, Penn State and BYU), I expect a reshuffle of teams. I would not be surprised to see Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State and Kentucky to move up in the Top Ten and drag the Deacs up the rankings with them. Top 15 seems reasonable. Cincy and Coastal have been over ranked and this could be the week the voters make adjustments to the rankings.

I don't think OU and Michigan should leapfrog Cincy based on narrow escapes today. OSU and Oregon still have their losses weighing them down. The only thing I could see keeping Cincy out of the Top 4 is if AP voters want to pretend they're in the CFP and put OU at #3 and only drop Bama #4. Then they'd have to find an excuse to keep Cincy out every week.

UK and Ole Miss will leapfrog Coastal, but I'm not sure we will.

Looking at the acc standings, we obviously are at the top and have 4 conference wins. Every other team in our division combined has 6 wins.

Somebody else knock off Clemson and then we would have to beat Duke and State at home and BC on the road to get to the ACC championship game.

FSU seeming to get it together and playing better actually works out in our benefit because they could beat some of the teams we're competing against.

Last edited:
Somebody else knock off Clemson and then we would have to be Duke and State at home and BC on the road to get to the ACC championship game.

FSU seeming to get it together and playing better actually works out in our benefit because they could beat some of the teams we're competing against.
Syracuse gonna beat some teams too.

The 3 teams we have beaten in our division, Louisville, Syracuse and FSU all have 2 losses, which means we can lose twice and still best them in the standings. We need them to beat NC State, BC and Clemson as often as possible. BC and Clemson already have 1 loss and I like their chances of losing another one or two before we play them. My main worry is NC State who has a win over Clemson but no losses. Assuming a win against Duke, I think the NC State game is the key. We beat NC State at home and it's possible to win the ACC even if we lose to Clemson and BC. If it weren't for 2006, I would say this obviously won't happen because, after all, we are WFU and heartbreak is our middle name.

It's just crazy that Coastal Carolina is higher ranked than any team in the ACC Coastal... or Atlantic. And that the mercenary warrior that the ACC is sending out to overtake them in the rankings is... Wake Forest. College football, man.

The 3 teams we have beaten in our division, Louisville, Syracuse and FSU all have 2 losses, which means we can lose twice and still best them in the standings. We need them to beat NC State, BC and Clemson as often as possible. BC and Clemson already have 1 loss and I like their chances of losing another one or two before we play them. My main worry is NC State who has a win over Clemson but no losses. Assuming a win against Duke, I think the NC State game is the key. We beat NC State at home and it's possible to win the ACC even if we lose to Clemson and BC. If it weren't for 2006, I would say this obviously won't happen because, after all, we are WFU and heartbreak is our middle name.

Big game next weekend NCSU@BC. Good chance for state to pick up their first conference loss.

Back