• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I know this is a dumb question…but 1) how do I listen to Stan and the radio broadcast during the game (I don’t live in Winston and assume it’s not just on the “normal” radio where I am) and 2) is there a way to hear the radio broadcast after the fact? I have three little kids so rarely get to watch the games live, but always go back in the evening to watch and would love to be able to hear Stan’s call when I do that.

I know this is a dumb question…but 1) how do I listen to Stan and the radio broadcast during the game (I don’t live in Winston and assume it’s not just on the “normal” radio where I am) and 2) is there a way to hear the radio broadcast after the fact? I have three little kids so rarely get to watch the games live, but always go back in the evening to watch and would love to be able to hear Stan’s call when I do that.
Wake Sports website. Menu. Fan Zone. All access will take you there.

There's also an app for Android and ios.

A great pre-game tradition for me, especially during basketball season when I'm rushing home from work to catch a game

if cuse had gone for 2 and made it at the end of regulation (very possible) our ranking by these systems would be essentially the same as it is now, but i think fan perception would be radically different.

part of this is just being a fan so no judgment, but it is interesting that as a fanbase largely spent the week up to the syracuse game feeing a bit offended at the lack of respect (the line being close, bettors picking against us, talking heads putting us on upset alert, etc), then just barely sneaking out a win (which does deserve praise and celebration), but then jumping right back into feeling disrespected — and getting upset when we are unable to meet some of those arguably unrealistically high expectations.

anyway, i still have high hopes but also tempered expectations (that i think we can surpass). agree with whoever said our bye is coming in at exactly the right time.

This is a really good post.

All week there was talk that the Cuse offense hadn’t played anybody and hadn’t performed. Well, they ran the ball better against WF than they had over the course of that inferior schedule. Meanwhile the WF offense very much struggled to run the ball playing a defense that had been similarly overlooked here on the boards.

I’m very pumped to be 6-0 / 4-0 for the first time ever, and I’m not going to expend any energy worrying about the advanced metrics side of the house. We will need UVA level performances to get wins during the last 4 games of the regular season schedule.

I don't think OU and Michigan should leapfrog Cincy based on narrow escapes today. OSU and Oregon still have their losses weighing them down. The only thing I could see keeping Cincy out of the Top 4 is if AP voters want to pretend they're in the CFP and put OU at #3 and only drop Bama #4. Then they'd have to find an excuse to keep Cincy out every week.

UK and Ole Miss will leapfrog Coastal, but I'm not sure we will.

UGA, Iowa, Cincy, OU, Bama Top 5

UK and Ole Miss leapfrogged Coastal, but we didn't. Deacs at #16.

State at #22. Clemson second behind Auburn in others receiving votes. Pitt gets 1 vote despite being the favorite to win the ACC according to the metrics.

FWIW, Clemson is a 13.5 pt favorite @Cuse next week, 8 points higher than our 5.5 point line.

suggests we would be ~11 point dogs if our clemson game were now

ETA: line has already moved up to -14.5

Last edited:
Clemson’s two FBS wins have been by a combined 14 points. Both at home. Taking Cuse seems like a smart play.

Clemson’s two FBS wins have been by a combined 14 points. Both at home. Taking Cuse seems like a smart play.

Unless Cuse turns the ball over and/or Clemson has figured out something on offense during their bye week, I don't see how this is not a close game.

Clemson's priors are still inflating their power rating. They are 0-5 ATS this year, and they have not come close to covering a game yet. Clemson is a public team; so, lots of bettors reflexively take them each week. That said, Cuse is playing on a short week, while Clemson is coming off a bye. Also, Cuse got banged up against the Deacs. Hard to mentally recover from an OT loss. Either play Cuse or pass, but am a little concerned about Cuse's physical and mental state heading into Friday.

Last edited:
Speaking of byes. While WF is on a bye heading before playing Army on 10/16, the Cadets play at Wisconsin this Saturday. Army's starting QB Christian Anderson got knocked out in the Army win over Miami (O). Anderson didn't play against Ball State, and Army's offense struggled. Whether Anderson plays and how he plays against Wisconsin will be a instructive for WF's Army prep. Wisconsin has the #1 rush defense in the county.

That line would scare me, but how does Cuse win this game? Scoring more than 14pts seems like a huge ask.

See a 16-9 type win for the Tigers. Cuse would need turnovers, but Clemson can be conservative on offense and still win.

Clemson has 3 good offenses left (at Pitt, at Louisville, Wake) on the schedule where they will have to rely on more than their D.

Obviously rooting for Cuse over Clemson
Who are we rooting for in BC / NCSU?

Good question. Could say State because we play them at home, but I think we root for BC because they're already 0-1 with a lost to Clemson. BC beating State would make State's win vs. Clemson less valuable.

If Cuse and BC win, we'll have a 2 game edge on Clemson and a 2.5 game edge on State and BC.

I've looked at every teams remaining schedules and I think the answer is we want BC to beat State. State does not have an ACC loss yet and has a much softer schedule than BC going forward. BC plays VaTech and Clemson plays Pitt (at Pitt) out of division while State plays Miami and UNC. The schedule is odd in that none of the three teams in our division that we've beaten have played any of the other three teams in our division.

Syracuse's offense is pretty basic. Being at the Carrier Dome helps, but unless Clemson has thrown in the towel on their season I think their D is gonna eat Shrader alive

Back