• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Crazy to think that 3 years ago about this time, highlight shows across the country were laughing at Nick Sciba for the play at Notre Dame when he didn't come out on the field. Nobody's laughing now.

As Nick nailed the winner, we were mentioning this, and how it will be the most interesting footnote in a LEGENDARY career.

As Nick nailed the winner, we were mentioning this, and how it will be the most interesting footnote in a LEGENDARY career.

No doubt.

I recall that within one of Tim Duncan's first few minutes as a freshman, he rebounded the ball and proceeded to throw it about 5 feet over a player's head at midcourt. I think the ball even cleared the scorer's table.

and Ben Mauk's first career pass was like an 80-yard touchdown. doesn't indicate future greatness or shittiness.

Neuheisel just said that Clawson is the best coach out there in terms of clock management.

Anybody else have Appalachian State fan friends that are obsessed with hating Wake? They have a burr up their ass that we purposely avoid scheduling them because Wake is afraid of them. Damn I'm tired of it.

whatever. they just want to drive their covered wagons down the mountain from time to time

Playing App, Liberty, Shamacleers, is a mistake and always will be. Win or lose it helps them. Does nothing for us.

Anybody else have Appalachian State fan friends that are obsessed with hating Wake? They have a burr up their ass that we purposely avoid scheduling them because Wake is afraid of them. Damn I'm tired of it.

I do, but in all fairness I've been referring to them as a JV football program the last couple years just to piss them off.

Playing App, Liberty, Shamacleers, is a mistake and always will be. Win or lose it helps them. Does nothing for us.

Hard disagree re App. State. Boone is awesome, and it's probably the most fun I've ever had at an away game. I'd love to play one of App, ECU, Charlotte every year.

I'm with you on Liberty though. If I were in charge, no ACC team would ever play them and give legitimacy to that bogus institution.

and Ben Mauk's first career pass was like an 80-yard touchdown. doesn't indicate future greatness or shittiness.

This might be one of the worse examples I have seen to make a point??? The guy was clearly on a path for a great season before he blew out his shoulder vs. Syracuse(?) and Riley suddenly came onto the scene. Then he goes onto Cincy for a 3+k yard with 31 TDs to 9 INTs leading a Cincy team to a great season??? Not sure where you are going with this one as he did pretty great when he matured and developed like a lot of college FB players.

App lost to ACC bottom-feeder Miami. The ACC elite are unconcerned with the prattle from Boone.

App got all pissy last year because we didn't want to schedule them as our one non conference game in a season where we were playing almost exclusively conference opponents. Too fucking bad.

Neuheisel just said that Clawson is the best coach out there in terms of clock management.

It did seem with about 6 minutes left to go in the game our playcalls we’re about positioning the clock as much as anything

Wake wins (live ELO - Wake is 24)
Old Dominion (107)
Norfolk State (FCS)
FSU (107)
Virginia (67)
Louisville (69)

Rest of the season
Syracuse (80)
BYE
Army (42)
Duke (65)
North Carolina (19)
NC State (29)
Clemson (16)
BC (37)

We have a top-25 schedule the rest of the year, opponents win % is .686. Wish we could have swapped Norfolk State with North Carolina's position in the schedule. Clemson plays Uconn late, can we not do the same to help breakup the conference grind?

Nah. I think part of a "developmental program" is easing into the schedule to get a better sense of the roster. I'd love to start with a conference game or big non-con game and have a breather game late, but I understand why the schedule is what it is.

Wake wins (live ELO - Wake is 24)
Old Dominion (107)
Norfolk State (FCS)
FSU (107)
Virginia (67)
Louisville (69)

Rest of the season
Syracuse (80)
BYE
Army (42)
Duke (65)
North Carolina (19)
NC State (29)
Clemson (16)
BC (37)

We have a top-25 schedule the rest of the year, opponents win % is .686. Wish we could have swapped Norfolk State with North Carolina's position in the schedule. Clemson plays Uconn late, can we not do the same to help breakup the conference grind?

UConn is SOO bad, Clemson will probably be worse after that game. But I get your point.

I assume we scheduled Norfolk State and Old Dominion at least partially because that's such a populous area (Tidewater Va) with tons of good high school players. Over 2 million people there.

This might be one of the worse examples I have seen to make a point??? The guy was clearly on a path for a great season before he blew out his shoulder vs. Syracuse(?) and Riley suddenly came onto the scene.

Mauk was injured in the first game of the season. He may have ended up having a great season but I don't know that you can say he was "clearly on a path" for one based on barely more than a single half of a game.

Mauk was injured in the first game of the season. He may have ended up having a great season but I don't know that you can say he was "clearly on a path" for one based on barely more than a single half of a game.

Either way I think we can all agree that 3+k yards passing, 300+ yards rushing with 31 TDs and only 9 Ints to lead bearcats to 10-3 record would be considered a great year for a college QB???

Back