• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

good Athletic article about redshirting, building depth, and the super seniors that returned: https://theathletic.com/2858276/202...as-come-of-age-by-taking-the-mature-approach/

Thanks for posting. Always good to get a mention in The Athletic. Best coverage out there. Really wish we had a dedicated beat writer.

Fox didn’t want to go through another year like 2020, but he realized 2021 would be different after a player-led Zoom meeting in November following Wake Forest’s 59-53 loss to North Carolina. It felt as if the team was at a breaking point, and the gist of that meeting was this: Those who don’t want to do this anymore can leave now. But everyone who stays finishes correctly. As Fox appraised all those teammates who chose to stay, he knew he couldn’t leave. He loved these people, and he wanted to spend another year with them.

Just a reminder that KWIII left the team after that meeting.

The rainiest game I can remember was this one in 2016:

It was during Hurricane Matthew, and it just poured rain for hours before the game. I think the rain stopped at some point during the game, but it definitely rivaled the rain during that Duke game. Probably wasn't as cold though.

Rainiest game I've ever been to in person was Wake @ Navy in 2009. I remember giving up during one of the rain delays and walking to a bar to watch the remainder. The staff brought us towels to dry off.

Two rainiest games I’ve attended were @ Navy in ‘09 and @ BC in 2005. The BC game was terrible. I was an equipment manager and it was 58 degrees and raining the entire game. The Navy game I had on my bourbon jacket so that helped considerably.

Watching uva Miami. Quite interesting. We might be good.

This is generally the danger zone where I start to really talk myself into us having a great season then it all falls apart. I’m excited and anxious for Saturday.

This is generally the danger zone where I start to really talk myself into us having a great season then it all falls apart. I’m excited and anxious for Saturday.

Trying to tell myself the same thing

Two rainiest games I’ve attended were @ Navy in ‘09 and @ BC in 2005. The BC game was terrible. I was an equipment manager and it was 58 degrees and raining the entire game. The Navy game I had on my bourbon jacket so that helped considerably.

That 05 game was miserable. Then next week at FSU was one of the hottest games I’ve ever been to. Ah the joys of the eastern seaboard.

Hot yes. But you were wearing gold and black top hat, cape, fingerless arm warmer gloves, artic fur, and a dozen bead necklaces.

it wasn't super cold, but the FSU game from two years ago was pretty miserable. I think a tropical storm or something was moving through? there were no hotels available in town, maybe due to parents weekend or homecoming, so we just drove home after, soaking wet, and getting home at like 2 am. at least we won.

That was one that a friend of mine called me before the game and said he had 2 tickets for their suite in Deacon Tower. I generally prefer to sit in the stands but that night I was very glad to be sitting inside.

May be on another thread, but David Pollock, on the Keyshawn-J Will and Max show, first laughed at the possibility of an ACC team making the CFP, then said "Wake Forest is the best team I have seen in the ACC and they will win 10 games" and of course J-Will scoffed.

Sort of backhanded compliments on the Keyshawn-J Will and Max show this morning.

But also rare to hear. At least Pollock mentioned Hartman, our offense and our defense.

He may not know who Clawson is.

I cannot listen to that show for the very simple reason that I know Jay Williams knows nothing about football and so he just chimes in with the most obvious of takes to try to make it seem like he does. So scoffing at Wake would be consistent. Keyshawn’s takes on hoops are similar but not as unbearable because at least he’s an interesting personality. Jay Williams is stealing money.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Surprising me haven't had any gameday promotions yet. They need to be handing out pom poms and black wake shirts at the gate of every game. Always looks so much better on TV when we do. Shell out to money AD.

Spend $30,000 on tee shirts and that would cover the entire season. Plus, I love off of free shirts. I still wear free handout shirts I was given or caught at Wake games like 15 years later.

The Athletic article surveying recruiting with Virginia high school coaches: https://theathletic.com/2860318/202...as-approach-ricky-rahne-on-the-rise-and-more/

What out-of-state schools recruit Virginia the hardest?

Coach 3: Penn State. North Carolina. Wake Forest. West Virginia.

Who is the best recruiter you’ve experienced from any school?

Wake Forest has liked some of our kids. Local guy is an assistant coach there, Wayne Lineburg. I touch base with him a lot.

Back