• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Glad to see this will be a series. The Kentucky one was good.

This was a good quote about if it bothers them that VT recruits heavily from Texas.

Coach 3: It bothers me. I mean, let’s look at the schools they’ve lost to, last year and this year. How many times did Virginia kids stick it to them? They lost to Wake Forest last year. Nick Andersen had how many picks against Virginia Tech? How about you win the state of Virginia, buddy?

Didn’t realize Anthony Poindexter was an assistant at Penn State. He was a great safety for UVa back in the day.

Dear Andy: Which unbeatens will run the table? Plus players by number and intimidating mascot combos https://theathletic.com/2857465/202...ers-by-number-and-intimidating-mascot-combos/

Wake Forest

The Demon Deacons are deeper defensively than they’ve been in years, and that could make the biggest difference for them. Saturday’s opponent Louisville has scored 107 points on Wake Forest in two games since coach Scott Satterfield arrived. But the Deacons stymied a prolific Virginia offense last week, and it may be possible that they can play against up-tempo foes without getting dragged into a shootout every time. The most glaring possibilities for losses could come in two non-conference games. Wake Forest plays at Army on Oct. 23, and the Deacons play at North Carolina on Nov. 6 in a game that doesn’t count in the ACC standings because schools 80 miles apart were tired of not playing one another frequently and just scheduled a non-conference meeting.

Last edited:
When did WF last start a season 6-0?

I believe it was 1944, when Peahead started 7-0 en route to 8-1

Thanks. Boise State hosts Nevada. BYU is at Utah State on Friday.

Boise St. at BYU is the other game in the mix, and will be on either ABC or ESPN at 3:30pm.

Saturday 10/9
The following three games will kickoff at either 3 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ACC Network. Game times and network designations will be announced after the games of Oct. 2.

• Virginia @ Louisville
  • Florida State @ North Carolina
  • Wake Forest @ Syracuse
Confirmed Designations

• Georgia Tech @ Duke, 12:30pm ET on ACC RSN
  • Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech, 7:30pm ET on ACC Network

https://godeacs.com/news/2021/9/27/football-deacs-set-for-afternoon-matchup-at-syracuse.aspx

With four slots for three ACC games, I assume we're competing with another conference for the ABC slot.

I'm guessing we get ABC or ESPN if we beat Louisville and Cuse beats FSU. If we lose and UVa beats Miami, they get ABC or ESPN.

BYU won, Boise State lost
Wake won, Cuse lost
FSU won, UNC won
UVa won, Louisville lost

This could go any number of ways. BYU-Boise and Wake-Cuse would have ranked undefeated headliners, but FSU-UNC would have more viewers on ABC with some optimism coming off wins. I'm pretty sure UVa-Louisville gets ACCN.

I'm going to be optimistic:

Wake-Cuse on ABC
BYU-Boise State on ESPN
FSU-UNC on ESPN2
UVa-Lville on ACCN

Crazy to think that 3 years ago about this time, highlight shows across the country were laughing at Nick Sciba for the play at Notre Dame when he didn't come out on the field. Nobody's laughing now.

Crazy to think that 3 years ago about this time, highlight shows across the country were laughing at Nick Sciba for the play at Notre Dame when he didn't come out on the field. Nobody's laughing now.

It’s really quite remarkable and is one of my favorite football nuggets.

What happened exactly?

Sciba’s freshmen year, we are driving early in game at Notre dame, clawson sends out FG unit and they line up to kick. The holder looks back and realizes that there is no kicker there. Sciba then realizes what is going on and runs out to his position. Clawson should have just called timeout, but they snapped the ball and sciba doinks it off crossbar . The highlight shows had a big laugh with it and sciba got portrayed as an airhead kicker, which we now know is completely the opposite of what is he…. A stone cold kicking assassin.

Know this is off topic, but I get this impending sense of destiny that no matter what happens, we'll be playing Michigan State in a bowl game. Just the way the football gods and sports TV executives work...

Luckily, nothing deadly mack

Both Nasir and Miles have muscle strains. Fox was gong to play according to Clawson. Didn’t come to fruition. Good thing is we shouldn’t need them this week.

Having Fox might have made yesterday a little less difficult. He has a knack for playing in the other team's backfield.

BYU won, Boise State lost
Wake won, Cuse lost
FSU won, UNC won
UVa won, Louisville lost

This could go any number of ways. BYU-Boise and Wake-Cuse would have ranked undefeated headliners, but FSU-UNC would have more viewers on ABC with some optimism coming off wins. I'm pretty sure UVa-Louisville gets ACCN.

I'm going to be optimistic:

Wake-Cuse on ABC
BYU-Boise State on ESPN
FSU-UNC on ESPN2
UVa-Lville on ACCN

Wake-Cuse on ESPN2
BYU-Boise State on ABC
FSU-UNC on ESPN
UVa-Lville on ACCN

Serves me right for being optimistic.

Wake opens as a double digit 11 point favorire on the road. Wonder when last time wake was a double digit road favorite in the ACC

Last edited:
since 1951, WF is 7-7 as a Top 20 football team as ranked by the AP.

wins over:

2008 (2) Ole Miss, #24 FSU
2006 (3) FSU, Maryland, #23 GT
1979 (2) #13 Auburn, Duke

Back