• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The disastrous weekend of VAR decisions has continued into Monday. At least there’s consistency at it being broke.

Everton starting Robin Olsen, six defenders, Tom Davies, Gylfi, James, and Richarlison today against Brighton. The old 6-1-2-1. Our bench is made up of Alex Iwobi and kids you've never heard of. Gbamin had his 3rd "freak" injury of the last two years and should just be declared legally dead.

Just end the year and give us our 8th place trophy. I can't watch this anymore.

ok i admit the manager is not working with his ideal set of players now

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I officially hate watching this Everton team. So it must be April. Same shit every year.

Heung-Min sure does love a good cry every time he gets caught cheating. Only issue this time is he committed this fuckery against a bigger media darling than himself, so he’s actually getting called out on it by the Sky6 press

https://www.sportbible.com/football...d-20210412.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Dude what are you ON about. That's not what the article you linked implies at all. He was upset because we lost and he clearly didn't think he performed well enough, personally, and he's upset that he let the team and fans down. God forbid a player give a shit and be emotionally invested in wins/losses.

Also implying he cheated because he caught a hand to the face and went down like any other player would have in the situation is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. No one brought up the reaction from e.g. Tierney when he caught Lamela's hand to the face or when Mitrovic caught Souceks elbow to the face. Every single player in the league does it and I won't debate whether it's right or wrong, but apparently exaggerating face contact is one of the only ways to get a ref to notice when it happens. Cheating would be if he didn't get hit and pretended to. That clearly didn't happen here.

Also Son once again suffered a disgusting amount of racial abuse after the game. Keep up with the inflammatory rhetoric fam. https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1381328170570428416

Dude what are you ON about. That's not what the article you linked implies at all. He was upset because we lost and he clearly didn't think he performed well enough, personally, and he's upset that he let the team and fans down. God forbid a player give a shit and be emotionally invested in wins/losses.

Also implying he cheated because he caught a hand to the face and went down like any other player would have in the situation is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. No one brought up the reaction from e.g. Tierney when he caught Lamela's hand to the face or when Mitrovic caught Souceks elbow to the face. Every single player in the league does it and I won't debate whether it's right or wrong, but apparently exaggerating face contact is one of the only ways to get a ref to notice when it happens. Cheating would be if he didn't get hit and pretended to. That clearly didn't happen here.

Also Son once again suffered a disgusting amount of racial abuse after the game. Keep up with the inflammatory rhetoric fam. https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1381328170570428416

The racial stuff is garbage, but bro you can't escape that fact that Son is a dirty ass player. He loves the dark arts. He is your Richarlison. And I want to sell Richarlison, because I'm sick of his shit.

I will always hate him for ruining my guy Andre's career with a petulant, bitch ass tackle, and then crying afterwards to deflect blame. Which is a dark art of its own.

I mean Guiseppe Rossi is 35 and was a squad player for RSL and I still hope every day of his life is miserable. So this grudge isn't going away. I hope his father never feeds him!

Last edited:
To add, Richarlison is a saint off the pitch too, but nobody ever talks about because of how annoying he is on the pitch. He's 23 and does a fuck ton of charity work in Brazil and pays for the schooling of hundreds of kids from his community. I'm sure Son is a decent enough fella off the field, but he's a shit when he's playing.

The racial stuff is garbage, but bro you can't escape that fact that Son is a dirty ass player. He loves the dark arts. He is your Richarlison. And I want to sell Richarlison, because I'm sick of his shit.

A I will always hate him for ruining my guy Andre's career with a petulant bitch ass tackle, and then crying afterwards to deflect blame. Which is a dark art of its own.

I mean Guiseppe Rossi is 35 and was a squad player for RSL and I still hope every day of his is miserable. So this grudge isn't going away. I hope his father never feeds him!

I know I will never convince you otherwise, but I just don't know how you can read that article and come away with the conclusion that he's upset because he got called out for cheating or something. It's laughable and shows just how biased you are.

As far as being dirty, I'll keep it as short as I can.

He isn't anywhere close to being as dirty/chippy as players like Richarlison or Fernandes. Gomes tackle excepted, I have watched Son play over 100 matches and he almost never pulls dark arts shit like Fernandes leaving in late tackles, giving late shoves etc. (or if you want to compare to Tottenham players for fairness... Lamela, Lo Celso et. al). He's way too soft to get mixed up in that shit. Shit I'm not sure he's even attempted a slide tackle since the Gomes play.

On the other end of the spectrum, I don't think he's even in the top 30% of worst divers in the league. Watching a player like Grealish then watching Son is night and day. He's soft and goes down a bit easy but really doesn't just outright dive all that much anymore than what you'd probably expect from any smaller, pacier winger in the league.

That's my take. That's informed from lots more than a single incident or match (and is also backed up the statistics, to the extent that you can use stats to inform this discussion IMO). I also don't think it's really Tottenham-biased. There are plenty of players on our squad that are actually deserving of this kind of criticism.

All I really came to this thread to talk about is how awful Dier is. How the fuck did he let Cavani get in behind him so regularly and so easily. After we got gifted the called back goal you think he would have learned to mark the guy. Hard to win games under Mourinho with him captaining the Defense.

Son rolling on the ground for 3 minutes after being brushed in the face was extremely soft. Not to mention he started the contact by trying to pull McT back! He should be embarrassed about that alone and not how he played on Sunday.

If he does need a meal tho, he can give Rashford a call.

Everton-Spurs on Friday should be great in theory, but at this point I don't want to watch either team. Will probably end 0-0. Highlight of the night would be a Son-Richy double send off.

Everton-Spurs on Friday should be great in theory, but at this point I don't want to watch either team. Will probably end 0-0. Highlight of the night would be a Son-Richy double send off.

couple with a wide shot of Mou losing his mind and Carlo just sipping on a coffee

Son rolling on the ground for 3 minutes after being brushed in the face was extremely soft. Not to mention he started the contact by trying to pull McT back! He should be embarrassed about that alone and not how he played on Sunday.

If he does need a meal tho, he can give Rashford a call.

If you can find an example of a player that got caught in the face this season (or since the advent of VAR) and didn't roll around, I'd be interested. Most of his intention was clearly to draw the second yellow. I also think he sells it less if the ref sees and calls it in real time.

That would magisterial (Ray Hudson voice)

DF09 what's going on with 'Arry? Is he really leaving this summer?

My guess is he really does want to leave but Levy bungles up this situation in much the same way he did w/ Eriksen and both the club and him suffer for it. It does not feel good at the moment w/Levy's comments that he is basically priceless. I think a lot also depends on if we make top 4 or not.

Outside of that, if I were him, some big investments in a new manager (really not sure who, though) and a revamped backline (because elite CBs just grow on trees, right?) might be enough to convince me to stay.

If you can find an example of a player that got caught in the face this season (or since the advent of VAR) and didn't roll around, I'd be interested. Most of his intention was clearly to draw the second yellow. I also think he sells it less if the ref sees and calls it in real time.

ahhh good ol' whataboutisms

FUN!

Back