• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's annoying that we've designed our entire transportation system around the car outside a few notable exceptions

traffic is the fucking worst thing in the world

it's annoying that we've designed our entire transportation system around the car outside a few notable exceptions

That's why we all need to move to Makoville and walk everywhere and when we need to get somewhere fast, we jump on a horse and giddy up!

Often these regional rivalry posts are people arguing about where they grew up and haven’t lived for decades.

Yeah. Doesn’t make sense that we love cars, design transportation around cars, but get pissed if too many other people feel the same way and do the same thing at the same time.

we talk shit about cities because what else are we gonna talk about?

crossword puzzle completion time?

Shit. One of you is going to write a crossword about cities aren’t you?

Last edited:
WHY DIDN'T WE DESIGN OUR CITIES LIKE MEDIEVAL CENTRAL EUROPEAN VILLAGES RETROFITTED FOR AUTOMOBILE TRAFFIC ???

Shit. One of you is going to write a crossword about cities aren’t you?

I’ve legitimately thought about picking up crossword construction as a hobby but I don’t think I am smart enough.

WHY DIDN'T WE DESIGN OUR CITIES LIKE MEDIEVAL CENTRAL EUROPEAN VILLAGES RETROFITTED FOR AUTOMOBILE TRAFFIC ???

the correct question is: why did we allow the automanufacturers to set the course of urban development in the US

sidebar, this is fucking amazing:

Can't believe a masterpiece like Malibu's Most Wanted only got 31% on Rotten Tomatoes

I’ve legitimately thought about picking up crossword construction as a hobby but I don’t think I am smart enough.

Until reading chat posts about crosswords, I just assumed there was a straight forward algorithm that just spit them out.

I just looked up Jamie Kennedy and was quite surprised to find his character's name in his most recent role -- at least as entered on Wikipedia -- is Whitey

Durham to Charlotte on Amtrak is easy and cheap. Done it a few times for work when I just didn’t feel like driving. Only downside is that there are like 2 departure options a day. High speed rail from Boston to Miami would be so fucking sweet. Would never happen but you’d never have to fly on the East Coast again pretty much.

We've taken the train from Cary/Raleigh to Charlotte a few times. Going down for a Wake bowl game or similar event - it is awesome. The train is clean and comfortable. You can work or sleep on the train - or bring food/drink, etc. Downtown hotels will pick you up at the station - and take you back the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back