• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

At least my daughter will earn her admission to Georgia Tech prick.

To make sure people understand the context for how awful this was, Ph posted this on the Coaching Carousel thread an hour before center’s post.

We went to Atlanta on vacation and my 9 year old has now decided he's going to go to Tech and become an engineer. Happy to lock that one in for the next 9 years.

Telling someone their 9 year old won’t deserve their college admission and will only get in because of affirmative action is some real heinous shit.

Did he actually see the comment on the coaching carousel? If not, it's still an awful statement. If so, it's just flat out hateful.

Conservatives on the board these days are some real angry dudes in general but they all seem to reserve a special gear for responding to ph.

Did he actually see the comment on the coaching carousel? If not, it's still an awful statement. If so, it's just flat out hateful.

Why else would he have brought up Tech out of nowhere? And his child going there? I know he was all over the place but I don’t see how that is not a specific response.

Why do Republicans care about gifted and AP classes anyway? I thought all Republican children wanted to be plumbers, farmers, and home makers, ya know, because colleges are just Marxist liberal training camps and aren’t worth the money. This is according to the Facebook ramblings of all the angry condescending white dudes I went to high school with who have never left our home town, where making 70k a year taking over their fathers landscaping business has been a very fulfilling experience apparently.

At least my daughter will earn her admission to Georgia Tech prick.

cover10.jpg

Why else would he have brought up Tech out of nowhere? And his child going there? I know he was all over the place but I don’t see how that is not a specific response.

Keep in mind I'm playing catchup here and don't have all the context. I'm taking the matter up with the rest of the admin team, because from where I sit that crossed the line into hate speech.

Stay tuned.

Why do Republicans care about gifted and AP classes anyway? I thought all Republican children wanted to be plumbers, farmers, and home makers, ya know, because colleges are just Marxist liberal training camps and aren’t worth the money. This is according to the Facebook ramblings of all the angry condescending white dudes I went to high school with who have never left our home town, where making 70k a year taking over their fathers landscaping business has been a very fulfilling experience apparently.

Try not to hurt yourself kicking the shit out of that straw man.

i was in the gifted program. it was bullshit. we just got to skip out on some stuff a few times a week to do mind-puzzles and go on some extra field trips

i was in the gifted program. it was bullshit. we just got to skip out on some stuff a few times a week to do mind-puzzles and go on some extra field trips

There are obvious various degrees of gifted programs. I've had one child in the HAG program which is full immersion where all the kids in the class are gifted and the learning is very accelerated. And I've had another qualify for the same program but we chose to keep him in a conventional AG environment where he is pulled out of class a few times a week for extra learning.

Try not to hurt yourself kicking the shit out of that straw man.

Not a strawman where I’m from - a very real and stupid point of view that I encounter frequently. Some of the most condescending people I’ve ever met are men with middle income trade careers

Last edited:
Conservatives on the board these days are some real angry dudes in general but they all seem to reserve a special gear for responding to ph.

If you get folks like centerdeac angry enough, they’ll eventually have trouble containing the hate.

Board conservatives generally don’t think I belong especially because I’m not deferential or grateful to them.

To make sure people understand the context for how awful this was, Ph posted this on the Coaching Carousel thread an hour before center’s post.

Telling someone their 9 year old won’t deserve their college admission and will only get in because of affirmative action is some real heinous shit.

Jesus. Ph, I feel bad and want to apologize to you on behalf of this place. What a tremendously shitty thing for that guy to say.

I think it is good for someone like me to witness it though, because I've never and probably will never experience anything like that, mean while it's happened more than once for Ph on these boards (taking it to you kid's future seems worse). That is a microcosm example of why we need more serous teaching about America's racial past and present than we do, not less.

And to think, I was going to call out this post:

"The program has left behind Black students in particular. In 2019, Black students made up 15 percent of all public school students, but they took just 6.3 percent of all AP exams. For every Black student who scored a 5 on an AP exam (the highest possible score), 10 students scored a 1 (the lowest possible)."

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/september-october-2021/aps-equity-face-plant/

So we're chucking this too?

But yeah, the one directed at Ph was real bad.

I don't mean to be difficult, and appreciate your effort to address this. However, attacking a nine year old for his race and saying that his college admission will be unearned is extraordinarily low. He should be permanently banned.

By the way, I don't support race-based affirmative action even though (1) I have actually studied it and understand the very limited constitutional boundaries within which it can occur and (2) my future children will likely benefit from it. To put it simply, it just seems kind of ridiculous for the privileged children of two attorneys to receive an advantage. Also, I've argued with Ph and been annoyed by Ph in the context of those arguments. All that to say, I think I'm coming from a particularly unbiased position when I say fuck centerdeac.

Weird.

I'll go on record that the comment about ph's kid is really shitty. Dutchdeacon65 would be proud.

Jesus. Ph, I feel bad and want to apologize to you on behalf of this place. What a tremendously shitty thing for that guy to say.

I think it is good for someone like me to witness it though, because I've never and probably will never experience anything like that, mean while it's happened more than once for Ph on these boards (taking it to you kid's future seems worse). That is a microcosm example of why we need more serous teaching about America's racial past and present than we do, not less.

Agreed!
I know PH irl. And the dude cares. He wants things to be better. I can't imagine someone attacking or bullying his kids like that. That's some super low class bullshit

Last edited:
By the way, I don't support race-based affirmative action even though (1) I have actually studied it and understand the very limited constitutional boundaries within which it can occur and (2) my future children will likely benefit from it. To put it simply, it just seems kind of ridiculous for the privileged children of two attorneys to receive an advantage. Also, I've argued with Ph and been annoyed by Ph in the context of those arguments. All that to say, I think I'm coming from a particularly unbiased position when I say fuck centerdeac.

This is a strange take. You don't think anyone should benefit from AA because you and your family are privileged?

There are obvious various degrees of gifted programs. I've had one child in the HAG program which is full immersion where all the kids in the class are gifted and the learning is very accelerated. And I've had another qualify for the same program but we chose to keep him in a conventional AG environment where he is pulled out of class a few times a week for extra learning.

One of my kids is in gifted program and spends at least half of every day in accelerated classes with much better teachers. It's actually borderline unfair.

Back