• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mako!

Everything’s Eventual is really good

Some absolute top tier stories in it

I think 1408 and That Feeling You Can Only Say What It Is In French are two exceptional stories

Amazon's lord of the rings.... Holllllleeeee shit

And while there’s still no trailer or concrete release date for the show, but a handful of other noteworthy details about the series have been released since its announcement. Perhaps the most startling? That the total price tag for the first season of the show is estimated to come in at $450 million. (By comparison, a season of “Game of Thrones” was estimated to cost $90 million, or about $15 million an episode.) According to New Zealand publication Stuff, the amount was ascertained by the NZ$160 million tax credit the production will receive for filming in the country. To receive a tax credit of that amount, the budget is estimated to come in at just shy of half a billion American dollars.

@mako!

Everything’s Eventual is really good

Some absolute top tier stories in it

I think 1408 and That Feeling You Can Only Say What It Is In French are two exceptional stories

I love that book, but I’m all about his short stories. The John Dillinger story in it is pretty amazing, and I don’t know why, but The Road Virus Heads North just scares the shit out of me.

I love that book, but I’m all about his short stories. The John Dillinger story in it is pretty amazing, and I don’t know why, but The Road Virus Heads North just scares the shit out of me.

there are a couple legit scary stories in it

the version i bought has little King commentary before or after each story talking about its inspiration and in The Road Virus Heads North he talks about how it's a similar story to Rose Madder, what he calls his "least read book" lol

1408 reminds me a LOT of House of Leaves, from the writing style (not the metafiction stuff in House of Leaves, but the jumping in and out of characters and scene) to the story and the way the text and the room itself play on each other. It's a very good story, I think, but enhanced for me by really loving House of Leaves.

1408 reminds me a LOT of House of Leaves, from the writing style (not the metafiction stuff in House of Leaves, but the jumping in and out of characters and scene) to the story and the way the text and the room itself play on each other. It's a very good story, I think, but enhanced for me by really loving House of Leaves.

I've never read House of Leaves. That might be on the next book order. You ever use Better World Books?

yo mako, you been a victim of a devious lick? my wife was telling me about this last night.

E_0ol1sUcAQYXHf

yo mako, you been a victim of a devious lick? my wife was telling me about this last night.

Yes. They stole my coach of the year plaques and then hung them up in one of their houses. I thought it was pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back