• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the first Lord of the Rings and thought it was meh. Never saw the rest.

wtf.gif

Don't you like love and unequivocally embrace all things Marvel? There isn't a single Marvel movie that even remotely approaches the quality of any of the LOTR movies.

I thought it was boring. Maybe I’d like it if I saw it now. I’m not really into fantasy shit like elves and whatever.

I thought it was boring. Maybe I’d like it if I saw it now. I’m not really into fantasy shit like elves and whatever.

Lol. They gotta be REAL People with magical superpowers, not fucking elves.

SUMMON THE DWARF COUNCIL !!!!

Black Widow is the 24th MCU film. Here's a little exercise. Place the MCU films in 4 tiers of 6 films each.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Black Widow

Here are mine in order of release date:

Tier 1
Marvel's The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

Tier 2
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor: Ragnarok
Captain Marvel
Black Widow

Tier 3
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Tier 4
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron

My trends are pretty straight forward. I like the big team ups. The early films were hit or miss, even though the misses aren’t THAT bad upon later viewing. My Tier 4 includes 6 of the first 11 films.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to make these tiers. Tiers 1 and 4 are pretty set in stone. I watched IM 2 this weekend so I was a little hesitant to put it in Tier 4. Tier 2 and 3 separate out earlier as well.

I now understand everyone’s reaction to my pizza take.

Just saw a new theory that I like. The person in the castle is the real Renslayer. She installed her variant in the TVA and created Miss Minutes. The TVA captures and prunes variants to feed Arioth in order to create energy to free her lover Kang from some sort of status. That ties into the love between Sylvie and Loki which would give a huge boost of energy to free Kang. Then Kang is freed into the multiverse.

NOT into that fantasy shit like elves and whatever

lol, townie going OGB-mode

I'm not into LOTR, but also not into Marvel or most fantasy stuff -- just doesn't move me

a half billion to film a show is pretty nuts though -- I wonder what the fiscal analysis is on that for Amazon, it's not like it's going to drive $500M in new Prime subscriptions

I wonder if there have been any cancel Lord of the Rings takes for being the whitest movie ever

can't wait for the new Marvel thing

looks way better than anything LoTR related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back