• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was boring. Maybe I’d like it if I saw it now. I’m not really into fantasy shit like elves and whatever.

I'm gonna try to help you out here, maybe you're thinking of the awful Hobbit movies?

GANDALF: "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."
[FRODO mimes speaking the last sentence in unison]
FRODO: "You've said that a hundred times Gandalf. [Eye roll] Late every time. I thought you said that you wanted to save the world?"
[ARAGORN enters]
ARAGORN: "Friedo, fetch me my M.E.G.A. sword."
FRODO: "My name's Frodo"
ARAGORN: "That's what I said, Frydo."
FRODO: "You know what forget this, I don't even want to adventure any more." [He storms out]
GANDALF: [Shakes head] "Aragorn, why are you like this?"
ARAGORN: [Feet up on table - messily eating a turkey leg] "Like what?"
GANDALF: "Nevermind"
[Nirvana's "Come As You Are" starts playing]

Must spread rep

I thought it was boring. Maybe I’d like it if I saw it now. I’m not really into fantasy shit like elves and whatever.

God damn, man. I'm not in to lasers and syfi and shit, but I still watched Star wars.

I was not a fan of LOTR, but I think it has to do more with the fact that the viewing experiences were miserable.

The first one came out when I was a senior in high school and I was working at Old Navy (itself a miserable experience). I went with my HS girlfriend to see it after working amidst the holiday rush and fell asleep in the theater. That led to a massive fight for some reason because she (a massive book nerd) couldn’t fathom how a I fell asleep during something so incredible. I told her she should try working some time.

Fast forward to my freshman year at Wake (I used my Old Navy shirt wrapped around a branch covered in gasoline to start the fire at a going away camp out). Same GF visits from UVA for the first time and brings the VHS. She puts it on in the dorm room and turns off the lights hops into bed and decides we need to talk about our relationship.

That Christmas the second one came out when I was home on break. We went to see it together after a tumultuous first semester of long distance. I fell asleep after clearing brush all day. Rinse. Repeat.

Needless to say things didn’t work out. I never bothered watching the third one.

okay fair

mako probably doesn't like pizza because of something his mom did that he's repressing

i don't like halloween because of my deep rooted feelings of inadequacy that i once masked with costumes

The first one came out when I was a senior in high school and I was working at Old Navy (itself a miserable experience). I went with my HS girlfriend to see it after working amidst the holiday rush and fell asleep in the theater. That led to a massive fight for some reason because she (a massive book nerd) couldn’t fathom how a I fell asleep during something so incredible. I told her she should try working some time.

Fast forward to my freshman year at Wake (I used my Old Navy shirt wrapped around a branch covered in gasoline to start the fire at a going away camp out). Same GF visits from UVA for the first time and brings the VHS. She puts it on in the dorm room and turns off the lights hops into bed and decides we need to talk about our relationship.

That Christmas the second one came out when I was home on break. We went to see it together after a tumultuous first semester of long distance. I fell asleep after clearing brush all day. Rinse. Repeat.

Needless to say things didn’t work out. I never bothered watching the third one.

God damn, that's some damage. You're the one person on the face of the planet who has a legit excuse for actively not liking TLotR.

two of my nine pinball machines are LOTR themed, and three of the nine feature Orlando Bloom.

If I were Matthew McConaughey, there's no way in hell I'd fuck up my life by becoming Governor of Texas.

what party would he run? i gotta think he leans more gop

that's the thing, he'd have to run as gop, and insteada being the guy we always assumed was a little conservative but smokes a lotta weed so is probably the laid back type, he'll have to embrace enough of the crazy to kill his acting/celebrity career.

man, some of you guys go pretty hard for a fantasy movie series

Tom: Hey, Ben, I heard you might be leaving Pawnee.
Ben: I don’t know. I’m thinking about it.
Tom: Well, you are a huge nerd. But I’d be sorry to see you go, man.
Ben: Thanks, Tom.
Tom: So, are you going on like, a year long walking tour of the set of Lord of the Rings in New Zealand or..?
Ben: To be honest with you, I wasn’t a fan of Peter Jackson’s interpretation so you can put that one away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back