• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids are all about some classic berenstain bears books these days. I brought home a pile of them from my parents house a month ago and it’s the only thing we read before bed now. I’m sure they’re wondering wtf jacks are since it’s like all sister bear plays.

There is no kids book with a bigger gap between how much my children love it and how much I loathe it than the fucking Berenstain Bears.

I remember the one where they ate too much junk food and I thought all the candy and shit looked delicious

We got some from the in laws and they are significantly more Christian-centric than I remembered.

You’ve all inspired me to read something new.

Anyone have an opinion on which book is the definitive biography of Trick Daddy?

You’ve all inspired me to read something new.

Anyone have an opinion on which book is the definitive biography of Trick Daddy?

Seems to me like we have all the required elements to collectively publish a Trick Daddy biography on The Pit. Obviously with a biopic attached.

The Bearenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs is basically an old man bitching about how much kids these days suck.

The classic stuff is great. After the kids took over the franchise it turned evangelical

Like the OG books have almost zero religion in them. I honestly can’t even remember one and I had almost all of them as a kid. And I read them to my daughter now. It would pop for sure.

Yeah idk about any of that stuff. The books we have are the ones I had growing up so presumably before the nuts took over. Shoot we have the one where they meet Santa bear and the message is that Christmas is about giving to each other, hardly evangelical.

I guess what you’re saying is don’t buy any new ones. Good to know.

we had block scheduling in high school so I had an A-day backpack and a B-day backpack

nobody used lockers in our high school, not enough time to get to them between classes with like five minutes or whatever we were allotted

This will probably be enough to trigger the "late for class/forgot to study for the final" dream for me. Especially since I have to get on the road early tomorrow.

This will probably be enough to trigger the "late for class/forgot to study for the final" dream for me. Especially since I have to get on the road early tomorrow.

This dream changed into a “late to teach a class/forgot to prep” dream a few years into the profession. I posted about that in an educator group and apparently that’s pretty common. I’ve seen people from other professions post about similar dreams related to their field as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back