• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dream changed into a “late to teach a class/forgot to prep” dream a few years into the profession. I posted about that in an educator group and apparently that’s pretty common. I’ve seen people from other professions post about similar dreams related to their field as well.

That makes sense. For some reason, even though my days are filled with scheduled calls and #client meetings, I never have a dream where I forgot to prep or attend the meeting. In fact, of the work dreams I remember they're all shitty and boring like me sitting at the computer answering emails, not being able to find a pen, or trying to figure out why I don't know the person who is in my office that everyone else seems to know.

That makes sense. For some reason, even though my days are filled with scheduled calls and #client meetings, I never have a dream where I forgot to prep or attend the meeting. In fact, of the work dreams I remember they're all shitty and boring like me sitting at the computer answering emails, not being able to find a pen, or trying to figure out why I don't know the person who is in my office that everyone else seems to know.
I have just accepted the fact that I will have the I forgot about a class all semester and now I won’t graduate dream. It takes me a hot second sometimes to realize I’m not fucked after waking up.

i'm taking our sexual harassment training tonight; pretty pumped for ridiculous examples and behavior

so far we have a gap toothed woman who works in her guest room with a bed behind her and some dude is hitting on her; then there's a chat where everyone inappropriately uses the chat; now someone is brandishing an inappropriate coffee mug, while someone else forgot to mute while bashing her coworkers. very realistic

Lol, that's like asking why "Twelfth Night" when you could "She's the Man"

i'm admittedly out of my field a bit, but I don't think Faerie's modern equivalent is the most popular teen sports comedy

no one masturbated on screen so clearly awaken doesn't work here.

also fun when people start bitching about the screaming kids in the background.

i'm taking our sexual harassment training tonight; pretty pumped for ridiculous examples and behavior

I had to do this a few months ago. It was ridiculous.

Bob is working late with his assistant Jane and kisses her against her will. Did Bob harass Jane?

Jane filed a complaint with HR and Bob fires her. Did Bob retaliate?

i mean it's not like he's a lawyer. who can keep up with this hifalutin lawyer talk?

sexual harrassment training + writing a memo on 1502-11(c) = a really crap evening

My old employer had a great sexual harassment training I once failed bc I missed a question about whether it was appropriate to grab a co-workers ass in the elevator. The correct answer was "it depends".

i'm admittedly out of my field a bit, but I don't think Faerie's modern equivalent is the most popular teen sports comedy
No no faerie queen IS the modern equivalent. Derivative allegory! Piers the og

Not really, that's romance of the rose. But townie wanted something "epic"

clearly a sign that betterphan is not a betterphan of the IMPORTANT things
Um, when it comes to popular teen comedies that are shakespeare adaptations the answer is clearly

1) ten things I hate about you
2) romeo plus juliet

Etc.

well i said teen sports comedy

of which there are maybe dozens

well i said teen sports comedy

of which there are maybe dozens
If it's not sandlot, mighty ducks, little giants, big green, angels in the outfield, rookie of the year then gtfo

Kid sports comedies > teen sports comedies

But revisit the analogy you posted. I followed your structure.

Also Spenser emulating chaucer, of course (well of English, undefiled!), but couldn't exist without Piers. Which has nothing to do with arthuriana, which is boring anyway

I have just accepted the fact that I will have the I forgot about a class all semester and now I won’t graduate dream. It takes me a hot second sometimes to realize I’m not fucked after waking up.
As a notorious class-cutter since classes interfered with my card playing I too had these dreams, to the point that I would actually awaken and add up my hours.
Post student days I'd just remind myself I was no longer a student.

After doing some bartending, I had a recurring dream where I had an order but could find no glasses. When I finally found them they turned to dust when I touched them.

Trying to decide between my old school Reggie Miller jersey or Doug Flutie jersey for jersey day for homecoming week. I could also go with my Skinner or Josh Howard wake jersey. So many choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back