• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, when it comes to popular teen comedies that are shakespeare adaptations the answer is clearly

1) ten things I hate about you
2) romeo plus juliet

Etc.

After teaching Romeo and Juliet for 2 decades I’ve developed a pretty unhealthy attraction to John Leguizamo’s Tybalt.

Fuck all y'all. I cannot remember the last time I had a stress dream about missing an important class or appointment, and last night I repeatedly dreamt that I missed my annual review meeting with my new supervisor today at 1:30.

Lately in my dreams, I'll have to do some mundane task and struggle to do it. It always comes with a lot of build-up, and then I just have to quickly do something before getting on with the rest of the dream. But it ends up lasting the rest of the dream.

Like getting a bag from baggage claim, but the one for my flight doesn't have my bag, so I'm going all over the baggage claim area trying to find it. Or I had one the other night where I was endlessly searching on the TV guide for a program I know was on at the moment (I think a Wake game?). It's so frustrating.

I robbed a bank with two of my most inept students in my dreams last night, so it was refreshing to wake up unincarcerated.

Lately in my dreams, I'll have to do some mundane task and struggle to do it. It always comes with a lot of build-up, and then I just have to quickly do something before getting on with the rest of the dream. But it ends up lasting the rest of the dream.

Like getting a bag from baggage claim, but the one for my flight doesn't have my bag, so I'm going all over the baggage claim area trying to find it. Or I had one the other night where I was endlessly searching on the TV guide for a program I know was on at the moment (I think a Wake game?). It's so frustrating.

I have a recurring dream where I'm fighting someone and my punches are feather soft and have no effect. It's my least favorite dream.

Sup CT, been missing for a while.

This new MS extended impact job along with coaching soccer has really worn your boy down. Been working 12-14/hr days during the week in a high stressful environment with another 4-5 hours of work on Sundays.

I forgot how little down town there is in the MS teaching day, I need to get back to high school ASAP.

Woke up this morning and decided to cash in a sick day just to stay home and grade some papers and chill out. Got to have breakfast with my son and play with him before preschool, instead of rushing out the door when he wakes up like most mornings.

Definitely going to be taking more of these days in the future. I feel bad for the other teachers who have to cover my class, but we have no subs at all so there's a whole coverage schedule worked out. I've covered for others a few times, so it is what it is.

My most often recurring dream theme is some kind of gunfight. I'm usually running from someone or some group trying to kill me and without fail when we get to the decisive moment my gun fails to fire.

My most common recurring dream is that there's a plane crash. Inevitably if I am on a plane it will crash, or if I see a plane in the sky it will crash. Probably a bad omen.

I used to get the end of college semester, just realized I never went to class or turned in any work for one course, stress dreams. But now my dreams are about my current job or are family related. I guess there's enough stress in my actual day now that my subconscious doesn't need to time travel in order to give me night terrors.

Last night I dreamed that I was working at Axe Capital from Billions but I was also living with Axe and Wags in like some kind of supercharged bachelor mansion.

After teaching Romeo and Juliet for 2 decades I’ve developed a pretty unhealthy attraction to John Leguizamo’s Tybalt.

I was so stoked on this character that I took Tybalt over a larger role in the play. Such a great performance

Spider is my favorite minor character in The Wire.

I only remember dreams after I wake up like four times a year so I’m baffled that multiple people had dreams last night they remember.

This is my favorite musical moment in any movie ever. I'm just gonna name things I like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back